Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Using Ski Bus in Skiwelt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have never used The Bus when on holiday because we have always stayed in a resort and walked to the Gondola station. this time we are staying in Westendorf. As we like to stick to the blues we are planning a few 'day trips', one going to Scheffau and another to Kirchberg.

The day we go to Scheffau plan on Skiing/gondola over but maybe get ski bus back to Westendorf. Just wondering are buses pretty frequent and are the absolute bedlam.

Again I think I have worked out the route to Kirchberg via KiWest. Just wondering is it possible to get bus back to Westendorf or should we ski back again.

Thank you, starting to get excited for this trip.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if you are near a train station, but trains in the locality free, for skiers (if you wanted to venture over to St Johann, Kithz.. etc)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@2waterford, the ski buses are pretty good in SkiWelt as I recall. I stayed in Scheffau and got the bus back from the lifts a couple of times and once back from Soll. I've used the bus between Aschau and Ki-West too, no problems.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you mean you want to get the ski bus back to Westendorf from Scheffau? If so then I don't believe there is any such bus.

Sorry if I've mis-understood.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tim M, that's correct, the ski bus in Westendorf only connects with Brixental, you would have to ski to and from Scheffau. The ski bus in Scheffau connects the lift with the village but there's also a Postbus which connects with Soll and Ellmau.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As far as aware no skibus from Scheffau. Also not direct from Ki West back to Westendorf - from Ki West you need to change in the middle of Kirchberg - cannot remember the name of the hotel the bus stop is outside but it is by the roundabout in the middle of town and there is c hourly bus in early evening back to Westendorf. The chap/pess at the Ki West ticket office will tell you that you need a taxi so don't ask him how to get back just get the bus back into Kirchberg and find the main bus stop. It is free in high season to those dressed in ski kit and I suppose carrying ski gear. The option is to get the bus (same one) beyond Kirchberg at the (someone tell me whether it is the Fleckalmbahn or the Maierlbahn)) lift station on the Kitzbuhel side of Kirchberg - an altogether easier experience.

Remember you will need the allstar pass to ski Kitzbuhel.

The Westendorf train station is a longish way from the village in skiboots uphill - not recommended - the bust stop if you do try the train is about 200 metres on the right hand side as you leave the station on the main road side outside a small gasthof. If you want a taxi take the number with you as they did not have any cards stuck up in the station the last time I was there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy