Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet cabin baggage allowance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Okay, so we have managed to sneak in a short break at the end of the month and I have a query about what you can take in the aircraft cabin. To keep cost down and because we won't need to take much, I booked flights without any checked luggage to go in the aircraft hold.

On the way out we have flights with BA to Geneva and are each allowed a small carry on piece of luggage plus another bag for laptop. So far, so good, and should be easy to make a quick dash to the car rental desk.

On the way back from Geneva we have flights with Easyjet and their rules on the website say one piece of cabin baggage per person. My question is does this mean the missus can't take the handbag/shoulder bag she usually carries as well as her small suitcase? And does it mean I can't take my small rucksack - a 16L BCA pack - as well as my small suitcase?

Can any of you advise based on your experiences with Easyjet please? Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the website says 1 piece but last time we flew with them people where going on with cabin bags plus hand bag it depends on the staff on the day and if you get a jobsbody so to speak

I would say cabin bag plus rucksack is pushing it

You can add on hold luggage after booking with easyjet may be worth it for trip home
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @tonsky, I could do without my pack as its only a short trip but don't really want to get between a lady and her handbag Very Happy

And as we are flying back into Luton, wanted to try to avoid waiting for luggage at that end as well.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 21-01-15 19:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LOL tell your wife to wear her ski jacket she could always hide the bag inside the jacket hehe
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Buy something in duty free and stuff the extra bits into that bag, it's what I do and has always worked.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know about the handbag as don't carry one, but EasyJet tend to be okay with what you carry. Have packed a bag pretty heavily before and they've been fine. Suspect you won't have a problem, and if you do then just take some clothes out the suitcase and put the handbag in the space created.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I recently travelled to and from Marrakech with easyjet. I had maximum allowed size trolley case, easyjet are good as there is no weight restriction but remember you have to be able to lift it into the over head bin. I had a smallish hand bag but saw others with bigger bags but I wouldn't chance an extra rucksack. I think it would be up to the airport staff, sometimes they want to get flight boarded quickly so don't really check but the next one might make everyone put their bag into the gauge and are a right jobs worth. But a duty free bag is allowed as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I fly with easyJet every week and have first-hand experience of their cabin baggage allowances. The bag I used for years is now redundant as it is a wheel-width too big for their sizers. I was caught out one day and had to pay £50 to check it in. I know have a new trolley bag that is exactly the size they permit.

I'd say they are strict with their policy and the pre-board announcement at the gate (scripted as it is always the same) does say that they have a strictly one piece of cabin baggage policy and this includes laptop bags and ladies handbags. I've see then force women to stuff their handbag in their main bag. However, I have seen them turn a blind eye iif the flight is quiet.

You can take a chance but if they catch you out you don't have a leg to stand on and would have to cough-up £50 to have one bag put in the hold. Given that a hold bag is only £12 you may be better paying that and being able to carry your rucksack and your wife her handbag.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have managed a 3 night trip with boots and helmet all in easyjet acceptable single hand baggage. On occasion I have had a small handbag, which in theory I can squeeze into the handbaggage, but I have slid through the departure desk without being required to put the handbag inside the other bag. Usually I just stick my bank cards in a small purse, put that and paperwork into ski jacket pockets and dispense with handbag.
I doubt you would get away with the 16l backpack though. For 3 days all you really need are the clothes you stand up in to travel and wear in evenings, one set of thermals, ski wear, helmet, goggles, undies and socks (stuff into boots), and a couple of t shirts. Share toiletries with OH.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easyjet were enforcing the one bag rule in Geneva on Sunday
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
how hot are they on the measurements of the cabin luggage ?
the site says 50x40x20 cm,
56x45x25 if the plane is not full, do they really stick to the 50x40x20 ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowdrop wrote:
how hot are they on the measurements of the cabin luggage ?
the site says 50x40x20 cm,
56x45x25 if the plane is not full, do they really stick to the 50x40x20 ?

It all depends on the load and amount of luggage. They say you are guaranteed to be able to take a 50x40x20 on board as technically this could fit under the seat in front of you. That would be okay if you are very short of leg but for most normal humans a 2 hour flight with that at your feet would not be good.

If the flight is busy they will normally make an announcement and offer Speedy Boarding in return for putting your bag (for free) in the hold. If you find yourself at the back of the general boarding queue on a busy flight you may well find that they will take your bag off you and put it in the hold. So long as it conforms to the maximum dimensions - 56x45x25 - it goes in for free.

Your best bet is to pay for Speedy Boarding. That way you get onboard first and get the pick of the locker space so the chance of your bag going in the hold are slim. I have an easyjet Plus card so I get unlimited Speedy Boarding and seat selection for a year (it has paid for itself many times over already) but I still queue up early despite normally being in row 1 as I don't want my bag ending up halfway down the plane and me at the front unable to get off and make a quick exit. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got asked at the gate to put my handbag in my wheeled carry on case on the way out from Manchester to Berlin last year, but got it out again before I got on the plane - no way was I trying to get purse, Kindle, iPod and so on out of that on the plane! On the way home, loads of people with separate handbags, so I didn't bother, nobody batted an eyelid! Defo depends on the gate crew.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Take the biggest bag you are permitted, that way the cabin crew will not tell you to put in the space where your feet are meant to go and if you are lucky they will put it in the hold for you at no extra charge. BTW I always wear a pair of trousers or jacket with a pocket big enough to take a kindle.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy