Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need recommendation for Alaska

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning to be in Alaska for a Heli-ski for one week, I'm already booked with operator from Valdez ASG. I would like to be 10 days before, I plan to land in Anchorage, I want to do the first 3 nights in quiet place near Anchorage. After I would like to do one week in Alyeska ski resort, to be ready to the Heli-ski, I'll be happy for recommendation for nice place near Anchorage, and to know if Alyeska is a good choice and if is a good idea Alyeska, where is a good place to stay near to Alyeska.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't remember the name, but the place by the float 'plane lake, also the Iditarod HQ, is a good place to stay in Anchorage. You'll not likely get in there whilst the race is on, mind.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alyeska is very small and the main place is the Alyeska Resort. It is very comfortable. Everything happens there. All the Chugach Powder activities go from there and you should make contact and get local advice. Try to get out for a day on the hell or the Cat if they get snow this year, as one week in the resort is a very long time unless the north bowl is in condition or you take skins and go down to Turnagain Pass. Eat at Jack Sprats, not as famous as the Double Muskies but (in my opinion) much better.

Anchorage is small and charming. The museum is amazing. I do not have a recommendation for accommodation, only eating at the Marx Bros. Cafe. There are cross country trails to the west of town.

Girdwood by Alyeska is home to one of Alaska's top Iditarod teams - Chugach Express but they might be shut if they are involved in the recent malnourishment scandal. Otherwise, you should try it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to the responses, "philwig" could you give me more details about
"plane lake", and for "22 dropout" I think to stay one week in Hotel Alyeska, but also I could start in Vancouver and to do one week in Whistler ski resort, let me know what is the best in your opinion, I'm doing a long distance to get Alaska, and I would like to find the best. for the Heli-Ski I'm already booked for 7 days with the ASG in Valdez, and is enough for my budget with Heli-ski (is not very cheap).
Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy