Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton ---- Which end of town Lifts etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive got a choice of 2 places to stay one near Galzibhan lift and the other next to Nassereibhan lift .
Which is not so crowded in the mornings and which has the better runs back in the afternoon.

Not bothered about the nightlife as i dont mind the walk back

im swayed towards the Nassereibhan as the hotel is 50m from the lift

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@wasley, Either are excellent and great runs back end of the day, its fair to say that Galzig has more variety of offpiste on way down but Nasserein is a great place to be. Other point is Rendl area is serviced via lift at Galzig also above the bus station, but you just hop on the free bus, no stress. Other point is to get up high quickly you go Galzig rather than Nassereinbahn but its just another 4 person chair up Zammermoosbahn (rather than a shorter one up Osthang via Galzigbahn) and you're at the same high point Personally I prefer being up the hill from Galzig area but its no hassle staying at Nasserin, just not as near town with bars/ restaurants/ shops etc........just get out early before 9am peak season and youll be OK at either, no queues but leave it to 9.30-10.15 and it'll be very busy peak season! Hope that helps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am probable more concerned with the run back at the end of the day .As im not the best skier so easier the better
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@wasley, Theres a steady blue track option down to Nasserein through the trees (which snakes around through the steep black called Fang) or a blue which cuts off from top of Fang across to St Anton, or Steissbachtal blue which is quite tough lower down to St Anton, and it can be busy at the end of the day, and also gets pretty chewed up and mogully. Either OK but probably easier descent down to Nasserein. Can alays get the Galzigbahn or Rendlbahn down to Galzig which is an easier option (or Nassereinbahn down too), plenty of decent blue/ red action at top of all main lifts (Nasserienbahn, Galzigbahn and Rendlbahn).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally I would go for galzigbahn end. Have stayed at both ends and in the middle. Near galzigbahn gives you better options for rendl etc plus the ski down from moos/kk/griabli if you're having an après bier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All of the Anton resort runs are carnage from 3pm onwards (Not helped by current "spring" conditions). That said, I agree with the guys that Nasser is the easiest and quietest run in the evening.

Anton is the best resort in Europe for partying & off-piste, but piste skiing can get very busy & chopped-up. Suggest you try Rendl & Lech/Zurs if you want something a bit quieter / more relaxed whilst your there.

Enjoy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would always stay Galzigbahn end of town. Much more going on, lift queues aren't really a problem, apres ski on the way down, access to Rendl etc. The run down to Nasserein can also be tricky for beginners. If snow is not so good there is a narrow section that can get very moguled just above the last stretch down. The ski down past the Moos, KK is fine for all except complete beginners. At kicking out time it can be a challenge for anyone.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 22-01-15 0:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wasley, Nassereinbahn would be bettter for you. Avoids the home-run madness of 'Happy Valley' and insulates you - to a degree - from the riotous excess of the main part of the village
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy