Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

has anyone bought anything off snowinn.com

Poster: A snowHead
prices look quite good on a lot of stuff
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yep, had a few things off them. Always delivery eventually, but work their way around Europe before arriving. So if you need the item quick go elsewhere.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
going away mid Feb so might give them a punt.
thanks for the response
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought some skis from them a couple of years ago at a very good price. They arrived on time and were in perfect condition. I would use them again.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My Mrs bought me a Jacket for xmas from them, It was £100 cheaper than anywhere else on the internet but it arrived on the 30 th of December.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got my salomon jacket on there. Was dubious at first as the price was soo much cheaper than everyone else and I just took the plunge. Glad I did. Arrived quickly and tracked all the way.
Have now bought several other bits from them. One thing to note. If it is in stock then it will arrive pretty promptly. If it's not and says awaiting delivery, it will turn up eventually but took a little while. Can understand that if they are awaiting stock from the manufacturer.

Would def use them again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bought skis from them before Christmas after waiting 2 weeks received a telephone call to say that they could not source the bindings I ordered, I cancelled the order and I am still trying to recover £400 that they did not refund for the purchase they did not delivery. Credit card company have no taken the matter in hand and progressing with them. First order with them and it will be my last. Used Glisshop for the same skis/bindings item received from France in 4 days, with free postage, excellent service. I have no connecting with any of these companies.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordered from them once - only to be told a few weeks later that they couldn't actually find the item in their warehouse so were cancelling. Next cheapest deal available at time of original ordering had disappeared by then too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have had some of the above - ordered one thing, waited weeks, eventually became clear they couldn't get it. However, to their credit the refund came through without any fighting.

More recently ordered jacket/salopettes for my wife, started out with same pattern of delivery dates constantly moving to the right, but eventually they arrived and were £100 cheaper than the competition.

I wouldn't rule them out in future, but would never order anything time-sensitive. Ekosport, in contrast, I find much more reliable.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
as snowdave said I have also used ekosport and found them to be well priced and sensible delivery times.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Purchased some replacement boots (identical to previous ones) for my daughter from them, told they were in stock, then not in stock, this repeated a few times, eventally got fed up with them and they refunded no problem. Have purchased off them via ebay, slow but arrived eventually and was as described and very very cheap.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yup, got some poles from them last year. Great price and they arrived within the delivery estimate (5-7days IIRC)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just received Black Diamond Expedition 3 poles from them in a reasonable timeframe. Communication was a little lax compared to most vendors (who normally email you about 14 times these days, it seems) but I just emailed them asking them when the poles would ship and they got back to me within 48 hours. They are in Spain; they do seem pretty insanely busy; but you can save BIG with them, so overall you-gets-what-you-pays-for.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My sister bought me a ski bag from them for Christmas from what I understand it arrived promptly and it was £30 cheaper than the next best deal. As an altrnatively there is blue tomato whom I have used, their prices are almost as good and I have never had an issue with. Friends of mine in France have also used their site and equally always had a good service.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm waiting on a jacket I ordered from them. It's meant to be here tomorrow, so fingers crossed!! I'm going on Sunday so I'm a bit screwed if it doesn't turn up (luckily there's time for a quick trip to Slush n Rubble on Saturday if it doesn't!!).

Tracking says it was in Germany yesterday Shocked
snow conditions
2 experiences.
First was skis. Ordered but the website said "awaiting delivery" and in due course it was clear that they could not source them. I did get my money back.
Second-ski boots. In stock. £150. Bargain price for what they were. They arrived within about a week I think. Very pleased with my purchase.
I second the suggestion of Blue Tomato. Everything ordered from them has been delivered.
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:

They seem to go via a hub in Germany. I had a similar thing but the next day it was showing as being in Coventry. This is the main UK hub for Parcelforce. If it does show as being in Coventry go to the Parcelforce website and track it there.
ski holidays
I've just bought some Rossi Experience 84 skis from Ekosport, saved £200...absolutely fantastic service...skis arrived 4 days after ordering...all set up and ready to ride!
snow report
We have used several times great prices as long as you are not in a hurry for your new toys. Thumbs up for Ekosport also Epiktv shop have some great prices.
ski holidays
Yep, same story. Reasonably long delivery, great price though!
snow conditions
There are a few british shops that use 'price match' if you are after quicker delivery. Can highly recommend Freeze Pro shop. My skis arrived ready to go less then 24 hours after I ordered them! Great service
snow conditions
Gaza wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:

They seem to go via a hub in Germany. I had a similar thing but the next day it was showing as being in Coventry. This is the main UK hub for Parcelforce. If it does show as being in Coventry go to the Parcelforce website and track it there.

No sign of it today, and no tracking info since Tuesday.

A trip to Snow & Rock may be forthcoming...
latest report
I reckon you will be fine. Once it hits the handover to Parcelforce or the UK carrier the updates normally stop coming and to get anything useful you have to contact them direct. It's probably in a hub somewhere and will be out for delivery tomorrow if it's not already on it's way. It always seems to take longer when you are on edge waiting for it.

Keep those fingers crossed.
ski holidays
i've used snowinn a few times. they were fine (very slow) but like a few others i've had a fantastic service from ekosport. using the ups service i can generally get a delivery at the studio 3 or 4 days after the order.
snow conditions
@TheDoctor, cheers, will do Little Angel
ski holidays
UPDATE: It's now tracking with Parcel Force (24 hour express) in the UK, so I'm pretty sure it'll turn up tomorrow, PHEW!

I'm sure everyone was very concerned for me.

(I ordered it on Jan 13th, so if you do order from them I'd allow a good 2 weeks for delivery so you don't have to sweat like me!!)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 22-01-15 17:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:
UPDATE: It's now tracking with Parcel Force (24 hour express) in the UK, so I'm pretty sure it'll turn up tomorrow, PHEW!

I'm sure everyone was very concerned for me.

(I ordered it on Jan 13th, so if you do order from them I'd allow 2 a good weeks for delivery so you don't have to sweat like me!!)

Once it arrives in Coventry it seems to be deliverd swiftly. Tomorrow morning it should show as being in your nearest Parcelforce depot.
ski holidays
It was delivered this afternoon, YAY!! It also fits perfectly which is a bonus.

I'd definitely order from them again - but would allow plenty of time.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I ordered from them just before Xmas, quick delivery and great price.
snow report
I am looking at a jacket for my daughter for her school half term trip going 13th Feb. They are so much cheaper for it that I'm tempted on a punt. If you go via their ebay is it much slower than going direct? Direct I hear they need passport images which I am not keen on having to do. That gives me 2 and a bit weeks for it to arrive. Their feedback is so wildly variable though....
snow report
I have never given them my passport details and I've ordered off their 3 or 4 times. Never off of eBay though.
2 weeks at this time of year may be cutting it fine as their stock will probably be low so will be waiting for deliveries. Make sure what you order says it is in stock then you'll be fine.
snow conditions
Reecie wrote:
I am looking at a jacket for my daughter for her school half term trip going 13th Feb. They are so much cheaper for it that I'm tempted on a punt. If you go via their ebay is it much slower than going direct? Direct I hear they need passport images which I am not keen on having to do. That gives me 2 and a bit weeks for it to arrive. Their feedback is so wildly variable though....

They do offer a quicker service but when I looked it was very expensive so probably negated some of the savings.
snow conditions
@mugen, I ordered some socks from them last year. They did arrive, but took nearly 4 weeks, and only just in time for when I wanted them. The expected delivery date was only a week when I ordered and at one point moved out to 6 weeks (which would have been too late). The prices were a good 20% cheaper than anywhere else I could find, and they did turn up, so I would use them again, but not for anything I needed to arrive within a certain timeframe. I didn't have to give my passport details, not sure what that's about.
ski holidays
Cheers for the replies. Saved, in once sense, by the fact that the item in question is now out of stock in the size needed. But provided I have more time to allow for delivery it sounds like that in future things have a fair chance of arriving ok.

Update: Ellis Brigham had 25% off the same jacket in required colour in a flash sale starting today. So paid a little bit more but am now a hero as she is all kitted out with new gear ready for the school trip Very Happy
latest report
Snowinn service is annoying : they announce 10 days delivery, charge you upfront and then ship pretty much when they want. You end up receiving your delivery but snow may well be out by then !!!!
snow report
Ordered one size of ski, not in stock when stated it was, wait, wait and wait a bit more. The. The wrong size appears. Now on the invoice the wrong size is in fact stated, however I have my order with the correct size stated. Contacted 'customer service' (no honestly don't laugh they do have a department called that) and after trying to explain the issue and stating I could see how the mistake could be made as I added to the order and it needed re keying by their staff(!) I was told that couldn't be the case and constantly talked over, being told to take a photo! I used a bit of assertiveness and restated what I wanted to resolve the situation and was told I was being rude, this is when I couldn't speak without the operator repeating the take a photo line! I persisted and eventually spoke to a manger who said it couldn't be their fault and put the phone down. Safe in the knowledge that I had the order trail and then waited for another half hour to get through to another agent who did look at the notes on he screen and could see the change in ski size and couldn't explain how it was changed through the ordering process (this was the chap funnily enough that had re keyed the item originally). Anyway I have now had to order another ski, paid for it at a higher price in the 'hope' that the manager refunds the higher charge BRCAUSE IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE order will be cancelled tomorrow if the manager doesn't pull her finger out of her self and get back to me tomorrow morning! Long story short, unless you have a really good deal, plenty of time and an optimistic outlook I wouldn't bother, in fact I wouldn't bother if you did have all three of those luxuries. AVOID THIS SHOP, ITS SH*TE
I will update tmorrow if they contact me.
latest report
Depending on what you are after i have been very pleased with sportpursuit.com

They have flash sales and deals. I just picked up an Arc'teryx hard shell for £200 compared to list of £420

snowing have lots of sister sites for other sports, I've used some of them and delivery took for ever
snow conditions
. . they do deliver eventually; glisshop service better IME . . .
latest report
Yep, it all turns up eventually, just not very quickly!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy