Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4-5 days in Quebec/Vermont in early March - where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First time I'm gonna be in the Northeast to ski - visiting a friend in Montreal so we have a home base and a car. I'm used to thinking in terms of major destinations ("a week in Chamonix! Veil! 3 days in Mammoth!") but this area seems to be peppered with small and medium resorts.

I was gonna aim for Killington VT, and if the weather is uncooperative do 1-2 days in Mt. Termblant. What say you? In a given week, are there major weather/condition differences between Quebec and VT and between different resorts in VT? The logistics of resort-hopping seem to me more like a pain than a benefit, but I wanna hear your experience with this corner of N. America.

PS We're intermediate skiers.
I confess to cross-posting in the weather forum, more about NE weather in general though.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I spent 3 1/2 months in Montreal ten years ago and was an early intermediate then. Montreal is a great city and the nightlife is legendary especially in the french quarter.

As I was working out there, mainkly skied at the local city hills like Bromont and St Saveur, speaking to colleagues who went there 3yrs ago, they said Bromont is a lot bigger now and has some really good night skiing http://www.skibromont.com/ski/files/upload/carte_des_pistes.pdf Looks quite a big hill now ! About 1.5-2hrs drive from downtown Montreal.

Tremblant was a bit further out but a bigger vertical and more of a resort feel to it. If the weather is favourable for lake effect snow, it is well worth making the drive to Jay Peak in Vermont as it does pick up a lot of powder if lake effect snow is working. Never managed to get to Killington.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy