Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Report from an accident 'victim'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not skiing related but what I find (as an ex MRT member and ex dog handler) to be a moving and informative report of an accident that could so nearly have been fatal. Hope it is of interest to those who read it.
https://notreallyallama.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/the-llama-in-shadow-101114/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
good report...I feel a bit sick though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chilling ... "As I’m moving my right hand up toward the next hold, both feet flick out from under me" ... sounds like a nightmare come true.

And chapeau to his presence of mind. Motivating those bits of his body that still functioned to tuck into his sandwiches before shock/hypothermia set in may have helped keep him strong until MR arrived.

And this made me smile ... "There is a saying that pain is weakness leaving the body. I know not its provenance and nor do I care – it is the hollow sound of someone selling you gym membership."
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh yes. A gym instructor told me to "work through the pain" when I had a chronic injury. Like a twit I followed his advice. Of course, it made it worse.

Scary piece to anyone who goes solo scrambling. Which I have in the past and will probably do in the future.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is an amazing read.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Extremely well written, but quite horrible. Good lesson with leaving a detailed route plan.

Quote:

For all the ruin in which I huddle, my entire body floods with gratitude and joy. I rear up on my shattered frame shouting “Help me, please help me, I’m here, please don’t leave me!”
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Scary piece to anyone who goes solo scrambling. Which I have in the past and will probably do in the future.

Indeed. A few years back I did a solo scramble on Snowdon (up a buttress that rise to the south from between Llyn Lydaw and Glaslyn). I was very out of practice. It was the kind of thing that would have been very trivial when I was climbing regularly and before I had kids. Nothing went wrong but at one moment the exposure hit me. My family knew roughly where I was but not that I would be on that buttress. It's not a popular route so there was no one to see me. I suddenly had a huge wave of "bloody hell if I fall and hurt myself here I will be such a selfish idiot". I haven't been solo scrambling since.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi All,

Just been linked to this from another post - if you are interested in the below, please get in touch!

I'm writing on behalf of a new app launching in 2015 called Maroon. We are currently looking for beta testers and think your club members would be suitable.

The app is designed for sporting activities, particularly those which can be done alone and along secluded routes, such as cycling, running, skiing, horse riding and snowboarding to name a few. You simply set your activity, route and expected duration, and if you do not tell the app that you have completed your activity safely, an emergency alert will be sent to designated contacts.

There are several examples of when this app can come in handy, here’s one we have thought of:

A man is going down a ski trail and falls over and falls unconscious. There’s no one else on the trail that day. If he didn't leave a note with the likely routes and times then no-one will find him before hypothermia sets in. If he had Maroon, he would never have to worry about this.

For more information, please visit our website at www.maroonapps.com

It would be great if you could spread the message that we are looking for testers to iron out any issues and take feedback on the positives and negatives.

If any of your members are interested in taking part, all they need to do is email esugden[at]nms-adaptive.com with the subject “Maroon App Testing”.

If you have any questions, please get in touch. At this stage, the app is only available for iPhone users.

Thanks,

Ethan
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy