Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valtournenche to Cervinia by bus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there a bus (ski- or other) linking the two resorts and if so how frequent is the service?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about a bus service but there is a gondola that goes upto Salette which in turn links the ski area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This bus:

http://www.savda.it/public/linee/allegati/433_it.pdf
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there a free and reliable ski shuttle that links the lifts to the village? I read somewhere that there is one running every 20 minutes, but wonder if it's advisable to ski to the bottom, take the bus in to see the village & shop, then take the bus back to resume skiing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I should note relative to my question above that I will be skiing down from Zermatt, but am interested to see the village of Valtournenche, which I understand is more than walking distance in ski boots ...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you should just be able to ski there
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The village is quite pretty and has a few shops and cafés, but it's not walking distance from the end of the piste at Salette. I don't recall any ski busses other than the main Savda bus up from Chatillon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@drollawright,
I have walked from the bottom of the ski lift in Valtournenche to the village. There was a good pizza place there and my children (grown up and wearing touring boots which are much more comfortable to walk in)were keen to visit again. Suffice to say, I moaned about the distance I had to walk and, on the way back,(which is uphill) one of the boys carried my skis as penance. However, there was a ski bus shuttling people up from the village to the ski lifts. It stopped over lunchtime (hence we had to walk). This was at Easter about seven years ago so I have no idea if the shuttle bus is still running but the walk is not impossible just hard work. Coming over from Zermatt, you will no doubt be in training for walking in ski boots so might not find it so bad!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queen bodecia, Does the bus you describe stop at the lifts or in the village itself?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tessaventer, hard to tell from the timetable link I posted but given that the lift is along the road up to Cervinia from the village and the bus ends up in Cervinia, I'd hazard a guess at yes to both.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK many thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy