Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton to Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know that this is quite the hike around the countryside but in Australia, it's not far. It takes 30 hours just to fly to Europe. My other idea was that if the Tyrol had bad snow, hopefully the other side of the alps is having a good season and I can enjoy some powder at one of these resorts. I fly into Zurich, have 9 days in St Anton, then a week off piste with UCPA Les Arcs, a week off piste with UCPA Serre Chevalier and then fly out of Turin.

I'm wondering the best way to get from St Anton to Les Arcs. Train seems to be the best option leaving St Anton at 8.52 am Saturday morning and arriving Bourg St Maurice in the afternoon at 6.24 PM. Then I can catch the funicular up to Les Arcs 1650, and be there for dinner.

Seems that this is the best way. I can't seem to find any one way car hires. St Anton doesn't seem to do any car hires.

Do you think this is the best option to go from SA to LA?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Except that snow in the Alps seems to be more a North/South thing rather than a straight East/West one. Currently, the Austrian end is doing OK and was way better in the early season. The French end has been patchy, a curate's egg - good in parts, rotten in others. Last season it was definitely a North/South thing, with the Italian side of the main divide copping mega amounts.

When are you intending to arrive in St Anton as a lot can change in 24 hours let alone a couple of weeks or months?

One way car hires tend to be expensive and consequently not too poular over here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow has definitely improved on the French side. Lots of storms heading in and temperature dropping so I am sure conditions will be fine Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great to see snow improving all over with these storms and the temps dropping. I didn't realise it was a north south thing with the snow. Will think about that for the next trip.

I get into St Anton on Feb 26. a lot can happen between now and then - 5 weeks that is.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SpeedySydney wrote:

I'm wondering the best way to get from St Anton to Les Arcs. Train seems to be the best option leaving St Anton at 8.52 am Saturday morning and arriving Bourg St Maurice in the afternoon at 6.24 PM. Then I can catch the funicular up to Les Arcs 1650, and be there for dinner.

Seems that this is the best way.

Do you think this is the best option to go from SA to LA?

Yes, good idea.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Einari78
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
and the trip officially starts - about to take off from Sydney
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy