Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia 12 - 18 December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
week started well with good skiing on the Cervinia side but limited open lifts, only run 6 open down to Plan Maison & no access to the village from there, run 7 from Plateau Rosa down to Laghi Cime Blanche and runs 36 & 39 down from the slow chair plus run 7 down to the village were open. Zermatt side was excellent with skiing from the Klein Matterhorn down to Furi open. Queueing was non existent!

skied half day monday, plus tue, wed & thu, then the storms arrived - heavy snow fall plus high winds, on friday only managed a single run down route 6 to Plan Maison before they shut the whole mountain except for the chair from the village giving access to part way up route 7, skied this for the last 3 days, mostly without lift queues due to the winds which seemed to put most people off, bit busier on sunday. it was very cold with constant high winds and occasional very high speed gusts (due to the bad weather we got a 3 day credit on the lift pass to be used on a future international ski pass over this & next season - result)

real shame about the high winds as all the snow which had fallen seemed to be blown off the mountain which looked as bare as it had before the storms when we skied our last run on sunday, may have been better higher up but there where huge clouds of blown snow coming off the higher runs and mountain ridges. no evidence of piste bashing going on the consolidate the snow fall, probably due to the very high winds.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Cervinia is reknowned for high winds. I was there last March and a few really windy and cold days whereas over in Zermatt it was perfectly calm. A real nuisance as the lifts shut down alot.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy