Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lindsey Vonn becomes most successful women's skier

Poster: A snowHead
Rebuilt, Lindsey Vonn has become the most successful female World Cup alpine skier of all time after breaking a 35-year-old record for the most wins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/30870452
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@altis, not "most successful". If she's American surely it has to be "winningest"? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...not foxy, at all.

A little scary mind you Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a shame that they had to perform a complete personality bypass when they were putting her leg back together.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dobby wrote:
If she's American surely it has to be "winningest"? Toofy Grin

I misread that as "whingey-est" Laughing .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Vonn's #63 is nothing to sneeze at as she does have a unique and most capable DH technique, but the gutter skank trollop is still way out of Annemarie Moser-Pröll's league and always will be. Moser-Pröll was not singularly focused on one discipline as is the case with Vonn. To be able to do all discipline as Moser-Pröll did and win in same is its own statement. Then of course you again have the monumental day and night difference in character..........
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
equinoxranch, Don't sit on the fence...

Vonn has also won WCs in every discipline.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
She's a bit if a dish as well wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Richard_Sideways, @equinoxranch, +1

Remove the Super-G results and maybe those from the boring glider's Paradise (aka Lake Louise) wink and Vonn is not even within spitting distance of AMP. There was no Super-G race when AMP raced, so AMP achieved her 62 wins from 3 disciplines and from only 174 World Cup starts, Vonn has taken longer both in time and total number of races 333. I don't see Vonn taking 2 seasons out (including a home winter Olympics) to nurse a dying parent as AMP did in the 1975 and 1976 seasons. AMP was 17 when she won her first overall Crystal Globe, something that made Vonn's jaw hit the floor with a big bump during a recent interview where she "questioned" AMP. When asking Annemarie what was her greatest achievement, Vonn could not comprehend AMP's answer - she said it was the birth of her daughter! The interview is on Youtube if you understand German.

@maggi, you have no idea how true that statement is! Laughing Laughing

The comparisons are ludicrous because we are not comparing like with like, but Vonn seems to "need" the record to improve her marketability in a country that places little or no value on her sport. She is an amazing speed skier, absolutely no question about it, but the best ever, hmmmm her technical records are not too hot! Skiing will always be viewed as a rich man's sport in the USA and therefore only of interest to a tiny minority. Even the mainstream sports stations do not show any races except for the Olympics and the World Championships when on home territory. You should have read the complaints about the US coverage of the Sochi Games and the Schladming Worlds.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
She's a very attractive woman and no doubt an awesome skier and competitor. I couldn't help thinking, though, that there was something a little uptight about her interview with Chemmy on Ski Sunday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
...no chemystry.

Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@altis, Bwahaha! Laughing

Mind you Chemmy didn't do herself any favours at the start by referring to beating her as a junior in a combined event Laughing A comment surely designed to pish off La Vonn. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue wrote:
@maggi, you have no idea how true that statement is! Laughing Laughing

I may just have had an inkling from stuff I've read Little Angel .
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Why is everyone demonstrating such meaness of spirit about this achievement? It may be different from AMP's record and LV may not be the most engaging person but I find it hard to believe people would be so disparaging about, say, Marcel Hirscher, in similar circumstances. It is still a great achievement and can't credit be given where credit is due. It seems so small minded to pick LV, and Chemmy when it comes to it, to pieces. There are so few women who achieve in sport. Can't we just show a bit of enthusiasm for a great achievement in a sport which we all support and enjoy so much?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@lynnecha, +1

And I think Chemmy made a fool out of herself with that comment. But that's just my 2p's worth...
latest report
I read Chemmy's comment differently - she said she beat her once many many years ago, but since them she appreciated the levels that LV had achieved since then.

I didn't realise that being the best sportsperson on the planet required either a personality or all of the 1930s competitors brought back to life just so you could say you beat them . No-one is saying that she is a nicer person than AMP , and not many people are saying she is a better skier. What they are saying is that she has won more WC races than any other woman.

You discount that Kevin Pietersen has scored the most test runs for England. So what if he is half SAfrican, or that a number of people don't like him etc. he still has more runs than anyone else.
ski holidays
@lynnecha, Didn't think I was being mean spirited about her achievements Puzzled . I'm going OT and expressing my disappointment at the quality of the interview piece.
ski holidays
@halfhand, I wasn't referring to your post. It is some of the very personal comments such as 'gutter skank trollop' (!) I was reacting to among others.

@sev112, +1
ski holidays
@lynnecha, ok soz Smile
ski holidays
The subject of LV doping was brought up in some Austrian forums. Is she really that great because of natural talent and hard work or is there something else behind her success? All of the athletes in the World Cup are naturally talented and work hard or else they wouldn't be there. But what sets Vonn apart from the others? If it was simply her size, then Maria Hoefl-Riesch would have consistently beat her since Maria is the bigger of the two. The evidence is circumstantial and she has passed all of her doping tests (but then again, so did Lance Armstrong). However, it sounds like the FIS doesn't test its athletes all that thoroughly.

Tiger Woods has been associated with a doctor who supplied PEDs to athletes. Vonn goes to the Red Bull training center in Thalgau, which is run by former East German doping doctor Dr. Pansold. He was involved with the systematic doping in the former East Germany as well as helping to devise tests to mask the doping agents. A couple of seasons ago, Vonn had intestinal problems. Several cyclists commented that her symptoms were identical to those of cyclists who received bad transfusions. Tyler Hamilton, in his book The Secret Race, received a bad transfusion and had very similar symptoms to Vonn's.

The FIS only tests urine and not blood. Back in the days before the biological passport, cyclists only had their urine tested. They were able to get away with other performance enhancing measures, such as blood doping, because a urine test didn't detect them.

Here are a couple of links: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lindsey-vonn/Lindsey-Vonn-Doping-Connection.html
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lindsey-vonn/Doping-in-Ski-Racing.html Again the evidence is circumstantial and "guilt by association" rather than concrete proof. It's up to others to decide if she is doing something to enhance her performance.
ski holidays
She won the Giant Slalom yesterday - and Tiger got his tooth knocked out LOL
snow conditions
@craigjbarker, she won the Super-G yesterday!
snow report
Lindsey Vontrollop

Annemarie Moser-Tröll

ski holidays
@dudleyf, Now THAT would've been a question for Chem to ask...

As for the FIS bringing in more rigorous testing, I'm genuinely surprised that they don't already routinely do blood testing, particularly when the only skiers ever to test positive for banned substances (Knauss and Baxter... yes, I know, but right or wrong the decision was upheld and its not pertinent to this point) were highlighted as a result of blood testing not urine testing.
snow report
craigjbarker wrote:
She won the Giant Slalom yesterday - and Tiger got his tooth knocked out LOL

A camera man knocked his tooth out.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/golf-legend-tiger-woods-handed-5007498
snow report
rolling eyes like comparing fangio to schumacher, differant eras, the op said most 'sucessful' and you cant argue with that its a fact, whether you like her or not is irrelevant.

i know which one id rather be stuck in a lift with Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
iskar wrote:
rolling eyes like comparing fangio to schumacher, differant eras, the op said most 'sucessful' and you cant argue with that its a fact, whether you like her or not is irrelevant.

i know which one id rather be stuck in a lift with Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Yes out of Fangio, Schumacher & Vonn I'd probably go for Vonn too - but bring Anna Fenninger or Lara Gut into the equation ......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy