Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy on Ski Sunday.

Poster: A snowHead
@albob, I think you will find it was Julia Mancuso that Chemmy was, and is still, is great mates with - I have spotted her at a couple of races now supporting Jules!

The VonnBot in both versions 1 (aka Daddy Kildrow's DD) and 2 are fairly well disliked, so much so that there have been "team orders" this season because of the impending record breaking that everyone has to show "unity". Quite funny to watch in real life, press releases are less painful if you can get away with them! Just check out any of the off-duty fun and games videos that all the US girls post via various media outlets, there is always one notable abscence. wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HoneyBunny wrote:
sev112 wrote:
Love the criticism of a wolrd class ski racer as a TV interviewer ....!? As if you are all better Wink

Well actually, after 25 years of working behind a mic in the media, I would be.

@LOTA - ha! High 5.

some netlinks o we can hear and judge please.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

there is always one notable abscence.

Probably recharging - VonnBots batteries suffer in the cold...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
@albob, I think you will find it was Julia Mancuso that Chemmy was, and is still, is great mates with - I have spotted her at a couple of races now supporting Jules!

Indeed. I'm just posting this picture as evidence of the above statement, nothing more than that.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:
sev112 wrote:
Love the criticism of a wolrd class ski racer as a TV interviewer ....!? As if you are all better Wink

Well actually, after 25 years of working behind a mic in the media, I would be.

@LOTA - ha! High 5.

some netlinks o we can hear and judge please.

Just so you can say I'm sh*t on principle? No ta.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@HoneyBunny, High fives to you too!

Just turn on, tune in and you'll see me! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In fairness I guess having retired from racing Chemmy is trying to get in on the presenting/commentating/interviewing lark that so many retired sportspeople do and she's bound to be a bit iffy at the start but I'm sure she'll improve. As a footie person I remember the boy Linaker and also Hansen were a bit crap when they started out.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep, I'm sure she will. Everyone has to start somewhere.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LOTA wrote:
@HoneyBunny, High fives to you too!

Just turn on, tune in and you'll see me! Very Happy

Tune in to what?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dav wrote:
Samerberg Sue wrote:

Indeed. I'm just posting this picture as evidence of the above statement, nothing more than that.

Two Pbs in a week!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HoneyBunny wrote:
I can see why they're using her, but she's far too wooden. More training needed.

Comes with time. Loads of professional sports people that make the move to TV are poor to begin with, it's not really training that's needed, just time to adjust to doing something different. As halfhand said Lineker was woeful to begin with, as were Martin Brundle and David Coulthard in motorsport.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Richard_Sideways

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Samerberg Sue, You are right of course -- it was the eyebrows that threw me Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@albob, only the eyebrows??? wink Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thems is mighty big "eyebrows" Laughing

Fair brightened up my day that has Laughing
snow report
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
it's not really training that's needed

It definitely is, she will improve with more coaching, practice and feedback - and of course experience.
latest report
Quote:

she will improve with more coaching, practice and feedback

Shame she didn't before...*cough*
snow report
It's easy to knock her, it seems a national sport in the UK to belittle people who have made a go of things in their lives! I say fair play for giving a new career a go, after all the battles to raise funding to carry on competing, the injuries and rehab she's been through. It's good to see that she's not content with fading out onto the scrapyard just yet. She was a bit shaky, but will no doubt improve her TV skills. All the best to her....... she also looks better than Ed ! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
So who are the chummy best skiers in the world, if you don't like BOTs?
Or even other sports too?
There must be lots of best in the worlds that meet your chummy quotient ?
snow report
To be fair, she's young, slim, blonde and pretty so she's going to get criticised by other women, whatever she does.

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I wish she'd asked her how much she'd have to be paid to take that damned hat off...
snow report
Dav wrote:
Samerberg Sue wrote:

She is doing a good job of supporting her in that photo.
snow conditions
I'm with uou sev. As we love skiing we all enjoy it on tv. We have a rare GB competitor and rip straight into her as she presents one if her 1st ski programmes? And LV is an all time legend, still going! How about some respect?
latest report
Chemmy aside, the interview was a shining example of what can when people get put through that sports psychologist machine. Vonn has devoted her life to her sport and become arguably the best female skier of all time, depending on where you want to draw your lines. Yet she comes across as someone so devoid of emotion and joyless about what she does, where would the accomplishment be? "Hooray I'm the best at something I don't like doing... whoopiee". It's the ethos is that the act of Victory is more important that the act of competition. You see it in Vonn, you see it in people like Shawn White, which is why he's so widely disliked in snowboarding.
Alcott might never have made Vonns impact at the international level, but at least I'll give her the respect that she still loves the sport she chose.
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, +1 big time!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy