Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Fitting Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I have an appointment booked with Colin at solutions4feet as I am not too impressed with Ellis Brigham (where I bought the boots from) and don't want to bother with their free fitting. However it's just occured to me that I have only actually ski'd in these boots for a couple of hours (at MK). I don't want to waste Colins time (or my money!) but they definitely don't feel right. I have worn them around the house for several hours trying to help the liners pack out.

If I stand in the boots for around 15 minutes I start to get tingling in the balls of my feet and my little toe goes numb (shortly followed by the next toe and so on).

In the small amount of skiing I have done in them I was getting severe pain when I came to a stop. They actually seemed ok (but not great) while skiing. I would like to avoid the sitation I had in Chamonix with the last pair EB fitted where I was unable to stand up, let alone ski anywhere. (I won't be going back to EB).

Would you recommend that I cancel the appointment until I have used them a bit more, or should I go with my gut and see Colin before my trip?

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not ring him and ask his opinion?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you should have went and seen him before you bought the boots, but you should 100% still go and see him anyway, less chance of a ruined holiday because you cant walk, he doesn't need to have you tell him if the boots are any good for your feet that's his job wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go and see Colin. He'll be honest with you - The guy in after me last thursday, Colin felt he didn't have the right boot in the correct size for the guy's needs - so he told him so and said he was welcome back in September when new stock came in, and had a look at the chap's existing boots to see what he could do to help in the interim. Many other shops or bootfitters would have sold the guy the wrong boot or compromised.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 19-01-15 13:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, keep the appointment, but be prepared for Colin to say the boots can't be adjusted or are just plain wrong for your feet, it's then Your choice as to buy a new pair (assuming he has some that will work for You) or not.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@huntleth, Speak to Colin, however 2 things:

1) Your boots will never fit and feel right until hes fitted them
2) Colin doesn't usually have many free appointments - grab him when you can
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
homers double wrote:
Why not ring him and ask his opinion?

Why did that not cross my mind? Embarassed I will call back later and double check. Cheers

Thanks for the other responses guys - am fully prepared to be told they are the wrong boot! I had one pair fitted at EB which were very painful (size 24.5) went back and the same lady fitted me with 25.5. In hindsight, and lots of frantic googling I have a horrible feeling she just got annoyed and chose a larger boot when actually a wider boot might have been a better option.

But I will leave that for the expert to decide.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@huntleth, how long have you had them out of interest?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PaulC1984 wrote:
@huntleth, how long have you had them out of interest?

These ones I have had since Feb 2014. Annoyingly I wasn't able to ski in them properly as my last trip was to Chamonix (Jan 2014), and it was after that trip that I returned the original boots to EB and got my current ones.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Going ahead with the appointment as planned - sounds like custom footbeds will be a good place to start which I had expected and then if I do have trouble on my trip I will book up again to go and explore other options.

Of course, if I have to go and see Colin a second time then I will need a second ski trip to test the boots out.... Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy