Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PreBooking Taxis - Paris North/Gare Du Lyon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Managed to get hold of some train tickets to Bourg St Maurice, changing in Paris (instead of driving).....

As we will have 3 big bags to carry (2 adults + 2 wee ones), wondered if it is possible to prebook a taxi between the stations as have heard the taxi queue can be pretty long

Has anyone done this previously?

Thanks again!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
found this page when looking for the best way to get from each station. Think i'm going to settle for the metro as it's just me and skis and a suitcase.

http://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/train-guides/onboard-experience/paris-lyon-paris-nord
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks....seat 61 has some info as well.

http://www.seat61.com/Paris-metro.htm#.VLzWK2SsWcI

Have just realised the train tickets we have only allow an hour in total between arriving and departing so now need the quickest was as well!

Argh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CeliaCo, oh, can quite understand your concern. I would go by Metro, like @enfilade, but that's not so simple with the children. Hope it works out!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@celiaCo

if you can snare a taxi i would do so as you have to change at chatelet which is a large and busy station

otherwise use the metro, follow the M signs within gare du nord that take you to metro line 4 heading for Marie de Montrouge, you will need to change at Chatelet as i said and pick up line 14 heading for Olympiades and get off at gare de lyon you then have to leave the mero system following signs for "grand lignes" which will get you to the TGV area check the board for the platform for Bourg St Maurice

good luck
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take the Metro/RER line D from Nord to Lyon. One stop at Chatelet, no need to change trains - total journey time on the RER is 8 minutes.

Problem on a Saturday is there are fewer trains compared with mid week - but you should easily manage it in 60 minutes. I have found Saturdays can be busy, and the carriages can be quite full.

Check this website for RER times http://www.transilien.com/ - click the +/- heure link to bring up all the trains on one screen.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy