Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mount hutt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been watching the extreme channel on sky (419) they were featuring mount hutt in new zealand, looked an amazing place, anyone any experience of the place and when the season run from/to ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there just after the season ended! It has an access road which defies description - a seemingly endless traverse across a bleak volcanic landscape, with no safety barriers - requires very alert driving. Can't comment on the skiing, but it's received fresh investment (new chairlift) and I think the skiing usually peaks in quality in August ... or September if there's a good spring snow-boost.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I never skied there, but spent a lot of time in the resorts around Wanaka (Treble Cone being the best by far) The locals name for Hutt is Mount Shut. Apparently it is very exposed and windy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my brother in law who lives in Australia and has skied at Mount Hutt and one or two of the other NZ resorts, was ecstatic about the snow, the lifts and the extent of the slopes in the very small, late-season, French resort where we have an apartment. And the proximity to the slopes, instead of having to drive those scary roads.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd reply anyway.

A lot of people don't know that the skiing in NZ is good. There are approx 26 fields including club fields. Mt Hutt is the closest to Christchurch (biggest city in the Sth Island) It's a small resort compared to the Alps but offers some extremly good skiing. It's also a base for some of the best Heliskiing in NZ and hosts some good FIS racing.
The biggest resort in NZ is Whakapapa in the North Island which also has excellent skiing and the best snow record of all the fields but as it's a volcano on the middle of a plato, you get a lot of ice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy