Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday - Another Helmet Conspiracy ?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm surprised that "no-one " has noticed that Ed and Graham were both wearing ski helmets whilst sitting/ standing around in resort introducing Ski Sunday !

(mind you, Graham did not have the strap done up!)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EEEEEEK, Belly, what have you done?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shhhhh!!!!!!. Perhaps He won't notice Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeh, right.................
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I find my helmet of most use while walking along the street as SO MANY IDIOTS DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CARRY THEIR SKIS.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
I find my helmet of most use while walking along the street as SO MANY IDIOTS DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CARRY THEIR SKIS.

Ah - but's it's only because you have a helmet that people don't bother to learn how to carry their skis. But if you didn't have a helmet then people would obviously be more careful with their skis......so therefore you shouldn't wear one. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely when you're not skiing and active thats when you need your head to be kept warm the most?

Helmets are so effective at keeping the bonce warm!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was more shocked by the poor choice of goggle lens that Graham had - conditions of diffuse cloud and snow would lend itself to a low light lens, not some fancy orange mirror jobbie!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I was more shocked by the poor choice of goggle lens that Graham had - conditions of diffuse cloud and snow would lend itself to a low light lens, not some fancy orange mirror jobbie!

Ha, that's what I was thinking too!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Possibly in reaction to comments/complaints made to the Beeb when in previous weeks iirc they've both been filmed skiing/boarding without helmets!

But yes was very noticeable that all presenters if they were standing on the snow this week had helmets on.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Statistically speaking, they'd have to have 5 presenters on screen at once to get one of them not wearing a helmet. Helmet penetration is now at around 80% to 90% - take that how you will.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Helmet penetration is now at around 80% to 90% - take that how you will.

quite.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I care not what they wear on their heads, but it did look as if that Nevica jacket was getting soggy!

snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I want to know where we can get Xav d.l.Rues' remarkable inflatable jacket from - assumed he had an entire apartment in there with 2 en suite bedrooms, jacuzzi and full bar.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Richard_Sideways, I assumed he was force feeding the geese as well as using their down and body warmth Laughing
ski holidays
Chris Bish wrote:
I care not what they wear on their heads, but it did look as if that Nevica jacket was getting soggy!

snowHead

Can we assume all Nevica gear is crap as Mike Ashley owns the brand?
ski holidays
Ski Helmet Use Isn’t Reducing Brain Injuries
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/sports/on-slopes-rise-in-helmet-use-but-no-decline-in-brain-injuries.html?_r=1
snow report
Makes me chuckle every time I see Graham Bell schlep down a DH run with one pole, hanging on for dear life, and giving us a commentary holding his hand-held camera........why not just use a Go Pro and use 2 poles rather than being thrown all over the place for goodness sakes?!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Markymark29, If he were to fall, he doesn't want the Go-pro mount to be pushed into his skull ?

And, the course throws you around at that speed anyway - he'll still be skiing it several times faster than most of us could dream of Cool
ski holidays
@Scrumpy, Fair point regards the helmet mount I guess but it'd snap off first I'd have thought, or he could wear a chest harness.....agree he's a handy enough skier, just think he makes it look harder than it needs to be (not that I know much about skiing at those speeds but I'd suggest it'd be easier with 2 poles)............wonder how long it'll be until they start using drones?
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, Helmet penetration is now at around 80% to 90%

Great comment Shocked
snow report
@under a new name, this has been posted before, but it's still funny.

http://youtube.com/v/sU5cftDHOqo
snow report
That video made my Monday Laughing
ski holidays
Brilliant video.....seen at least half the examples in the village this morning.... as I was trying to drive on that thing called a road on which some skiers and borders think they have priority....rant over!
snow conditions
@gandie, I've got a photo to prove it if you like... wink
ski holidays
Bouffant Brosnan Bond hairstyle undisturbed by helmet [photo just in] ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2916230/Pierce-Brosnan-wife-Keely-Shaye-Smith-enjoy-romantic-spin-bikes-Malibu.html
snow report
@SCGB insider, Just put me off my lunch! Shocked
ski holidays
@SCGB insider, And to counterpoint, Guidelines from the meta-research carried out by Westinghouse at the request of the US Gov't dated 2011, collating 16 papers on the subject.
http://www.guideline.gov/content.aspx?id=43769
There was a meta carried out in Cochrane somewhere too, looking for it but Cochranes search is like treacle...

And with regard to risk compensation behavior (taking more risks if you've get protection) overwhelming volume of studies into it show that there is no correlation, or in fact a correlation between higher risk taking in non-wearers due to sensation seeking. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22664693 plus so many others...

We do still agree though that it should be a matter of personal choice, not enforcement.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oooh I'm a tommy gun and occassional cane!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy