Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I need a new ski jacket asap. I have had the last one for donkeys years and it's showing it lol.

I really want a Goretex one as my dad who loved walking always said these were the best material.

However, almost all the Goretex ones I come across are these thin 'shell' type which you are meant to 'layer up' underneath. I know this is supposed to be the future, and call me old fashioned, but I don't like this idea, I want a nice warm jacket which is totally waterproof!

Has anyone any recommendations for one of these Goretex warm ones? Again, I'm not after a shell type one which has a zip in fleece, it has to be a thickish jacket.

Cheers all.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Norrona lofoten has primaloft insulation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@audi321, Search sports pursuit - they have loads at a great price!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beware of too thick, and definitely avoid fleece lined. You are active when you are skiing, and even Goretex, while good, has its limitations for sweat dispersal.
The only option is to try things on. Brands and labels mean nothing if the thing doesn't fit and isn't comfortable.

The other thing I would say is that Goretex is not the only good breathable material. The imitations and developments (like Event) are as good if not better. You do get what you pay for, but there again, some brands are over-priced for what they offer.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Chris Bish, With chris here. I have 2 jackets. My Spyder 1 (they are seriously warm) for on piste lazy days / super cold ones and a shell with layers for off piste / warmer days.

Ive always been a lover of insulated jackets, but no way could you wear the Spyder one with a backpack - wwaaayyyyy too warm!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was doubtful about shell jackets too, until I bought one, and I absolutely love it. Unless it is very cold indeed, it needs only a few thin layers, since it keeps the wind out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy