Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kopaonik, serbia

Poster: A snowHead
currently theres 35cm of snow over the entire resort, they've been piste bashing and moving the white stuff around, so up to 60cm on most pistes. it snowed a whole heap yesterday and theres a lot more expect, so it looks like its going to be good for christmas and new year.

if you are going to be there between now and the first week of january, get in touch.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is anyone in Serbia at the moment? is there enough snow to ski?

Have you been there many times? If so what are the skiing conditions ussually like? I am tempted to book up for mid Jan, but have a few doubts due to the lack of info on the place, is Jan a good time to go? Are all the lifts ussually open? is it a well established resort? does it recieve good snow fall?

There are some very cheep deals about is this for a reason??

Any further info would be great.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah im in belgrade right now.

im going on monday, it'll be my 4th time there. the skiing conditions are excellent in jan/feb/march. the last 5 years or so have had excellent snow coverage during those months. jan is a good time to go, but the end of january is the busiest time for skiing there. its the serbian winter holiday time, so theres a lot of people on the mountain around that time. yes all the lifts are open at that point in the season, they do close some if the weather isnt good though. its a good resort, everything is very central and theres no long rides to the slopes - as the resort is very close to the top of the mountain. snow fall is great, most years ive been there its been averaging 1 meter of snow.

thompson were doing cheap deals there earlier this year, a friends parents are going mid-january and they got a great two for one deal.

i hope this helps!

http://www.tckopaonik.com/ski_info.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dnc, Is it busy in mid February (half term?). If not then maybe it's an ideal alternative for hard pressed parents.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for you help!!

On the resort Website only 8 out of 22 lifts are open, is this usual for this time of year?

Does anyone know Hotel Putnik? is it ok?

What is the night life like in Kapaonik?

What is the intermediate skiing like??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
erm, the later you go in february the quieter it gets - im not sure exactly when the winter holidays end, i can ask around and see. but yeah, for the last 3 years ive gone in the winter holidays and its been busy but not impossible to get a good days skiing in. last year they put in a 4 seater lift on the most congested part of the mountain (was previously a 2 seater) and this year they've added 2 more, so the big queues are likely to be gone now.

jblackwell, yes only a few lifts are open right now because the resort is practically empty at the moment. serbian holidays dont start until the week before new year (they celebrate christmas on the 7th january here). we are expecting them all to be open the week before new years.

im not sure about hotel putnik, i _think_ i know where it is. all the places in kopaonik are communist style hotels, so they arent exactly full of luxuries, but they have their own kind of charm.

the nightlife is popular, most people go for new years not to ski but to party (so im hoping the slopes will be deserted). actually nightlife in serbia isnt really my thing, i find the bars always have music too loud, when i go out i prefer to chat rather than stare vacantly at people around me. on kop this can be doubly a problem, because most places are quite small. theres a lot of them though, and they are typically open till at least 2am. theres some lovely restaurants nearer the slopes - rather than in the main complex, which we usually go to when we want an evening out.

the intermediate skiing is probably kopaoniks best strength really. its got some fairly long blues, with some complex bits on them - but only a few slopes good for beginners. there are a few slopes specifically for learners though, so the teaching mostly happens on them, rather than on the blues. it has a lot of reds most of which are interlinked from the blues and only a few blacks. ive heard that if you want a lot more challenging skiing (black runs) then jahorina in sarajevo is the place to go - but kop has enough to keep everyone happy for a while. oh and the nightslope on kopaonik isnt brilliant, its fairly steep (a wide blue) and completely straight, not many peoples cup of tea.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent, I think you have sold it to me, I assumed that because the lifts were not open it was down to the lack of snow on certain slopes.

Thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey, I am due to arrive at Kop on Monday with my wife for a week's snowboarding. How is the snow looking now? Is it busy? We're worried that only 8 lifts are open, do you knw whether this is likely to change over the next few days? It is our first time to Serbia and we'd like to find a good guide- any ideas? We read in Whitelines magazine about an "ex olympic skier" in a yellow ski suit who might worth tracking down for some off piste boarding!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
great, i'll be there on monday as well. there'll be 4 of us all in all. 3 brits and a serb.

the snow is amazing right now (70cm). they are opening more runs next week - thats when it'll start getting busier. its been fairly empty the last weeks, so they havent opened half the resort. dont worry, it'll be fairly sure to open everything before the new year. ive pm'd you my phone number. im staying in the konaci hotel complex. get in touch if you want us to show you around.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi im going kopaonik on thr 29 of jan 06 for a week hope its as good as you all say and if you are there i seem to be a good snow charm as every resort i have ever been to has a bid dump of snow and thats 7 year running so lets see if its just a fluke wink
and hope to see you there if your going
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ps wheres cool for apre ski and know of any web cam links
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dnc, I think it's great that we're getting regular reports from a less well-known place - keep it up... Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was four days ago (24 december) and It was lot of snow (more then last season in January). Most of tracks were open (I think just 5-6 tracks wasn't open). There were lot of foreign people just like at the end of 80s. This season children holidays will be only in january therefore the end of january and february isn't the busiest time for skiing there.

PS: Because of so bad weather conditions last 2-3 days only few lifts were open.

Kopaonik gallery 24. december:

http://ept.kg.ac.yu/kopaonik/Kopaonik%20Zimi%2025.Dec/index.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Bazr ,
Hope you aren't tempting fate because I will be going same date , just watching the forecasts like everyone else , but it's looking good , especially in Stevs photos.javascript:emoticon('wink')
wink
Bill
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi there. I will be going snowboarding to Kopaonik on 15th January 06 on a single basis, staying at Club A. Can anyone give me good info on the resort and the hotel?
Bobo
Skullie
Love many. Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.
raithblack@aol.com[/quote]
snow conditions
bobo-blanc wrote:
Hi there. I will be going snowboarding to Kopaonik on 15th January 06 on a single basis, staying at Club A. Can anyone give me good info on the resort and the hotel?

Club A and Hotel Grand are the best hotels at Kopaonik. For other info about resort look at other forum threads.
snow conditions
hope to see you there i expect we will have the same flight & transfer it depends if you are going on the 28th or 29th if you ae lucky yo will have the gatwick-nis flight not the heathrow-belgradeflightsnowmobill,
snow report
thank stevs for the photo links
snow conditions
We're also hitting the slopes of Kopaonik, flying out on the 15th of Jan 06....

WOO HOO Very Happy

I've been crapping it as i couldnt find any good snow reports... then i found this place and:

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?&wealocations=wc%3aYIXX0024&setunit=C
ski holidays
hey guys four of us guys from the uk are heading out to kopaonik for the first time on the 8th of this month, was jus wandering what the conditions were like and if any1 has stayed or been inside the konaci apartments. Also if any1 out there at that time want s to meet up for some boarding or jus for some apres snow activites then drop a thred on here or email me at scotsman555@hotmail.com.

cheers guys
snow report
I will be in Kopaonik from the 15th January, staying at Club A. Is there anyone else going over then who fancies meeting up and boarding for a day or so during the week or having some beer? Robert.
ski holidays
bobo-blanc, Robert, Me and a few mates are flying out on the 15th... Staying in Hotel Putnik.

I'm sure we could hook up or something. Dunno how experienced you are. I know at least a couple of us are just intermediate...
snow conditions
I am also intermediate. I am going on my own, so if any of you can put up with my rubbish patter for a wee while, we could arrange to meet. Cheers.
latest report
Funky Punk. The snow looks great just now, so am looking forward to it. Fly from Gatwick 15th at 0610. I cannot wait!!!

Love many. Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.
snow report
Yeah man...same flight as us!

Look for 4 guys....one with blond dreads, one probably wearing a flat cap with big blond bouffiont sticking out, a guy in a blue bonfire jacket and someone else

We'll be asleep somewhere in the airport for the night before

How old aare you (if you dont mine me asking?)
latest report
Happy New Year Everyone. My girlfriend and i are going to Kop for the first time on 22/01/06, flying from Gatwick. Have tried to find as much info on the resort as possible, but without much luck. We are staying in Hotel Putnik and trying out snowboarding for the first time. i have been skiing in Andorra but girlfriend has never been winter sports before.

Does anyone have any reviews in regard to the resort or hotel putnik? any tips or recommendations for when we get there, would be much appreciated. Also, are Euro's the best currency to be taking with us?

Am looking forward to this holiday, but when telling friends that going to Serbia Snowboarding, they all start laughing. Confused
snow report
I am in need of some help!!! I am taking my other half skiing for the first time, she has always been against it as she is a beach lover.

My plan to convert her is to ask her to marry me while out it Kopaonik (5th March 06) making it the best holiday ever then she will want to go to the snow every year. A win, win situation. I want to make it special so can anyone give me contact details of horse draw sleigh companies or recomend the best places to eat or anything else that may make the night special.

There is 8 of us going in total so the engagement party should be a good night as well all are invited!!!!

Cheers! Sun Jan 08, 06 14:46
snow conditions
Craig,
Good luck with your preparations, but I would post in another section than snow reports as only the very bored who are not planning on going to Serbia are likely to read it here. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar wrote:
Craig,
Good luck with your preparations, but I would post in another section than snow reports as only the very bored who are not planning on going to Serbia are likely to read it here. wink

The only reservation I have with moving to another section is that the snow report forum seems to be the only place on the site that has any info on Serbia and it seems to be where the select few Kopainik skiers can exchange info. Never used the site before so all help in getting info greatly appreciated.
Cheers
snow report
A mate just got back from Kop...took these pics

lack of snow?? I think not!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ollatron/KIF_1016.jpg

A slightly chilly looking unopen lift:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ollatron/KIF_1005.jpg

So fresh and so clean!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ollatron/KIF_1011.jpg

Brrrrrrr:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ollatron/KIF_1007.jpg
snow report
Those photos look quality, how was Kapaonik as a resort? when where those photos taken? as i am going on the 15th Jan.
snow conditions
They were over the last 7 days.... It was a mate who just got back.

He says it was awesome... And very cheap

I'm also going out on the 15th Smile
snow conditions
i just got back from my 2 week stay yesterday. as ever it was great, although i got the flu, so missed quite a large number of days of amazing snow. the weather wasnt great, but the snow was fabulous. i spoke to as many british people as i could to find out their impressions on everything. basically, most people were dissappointed with the accomodation, but more than happy with the snow/mountain/pistes. putnik generally got the worst complaints, and the people who stayed at the grand didnt have much bad to say about it, but felt that the travel companies might have lied a bit in the brochures.

the weather was fairly foggy most of the time, but that didnt stop them opening 3 of the main runs all the time - this was good and bad. the fact that they were open at least meant it was possible to ski, but the visibility was terrible, luckily everyone seemed to take that into account and i didnt hear of any major accidents. the weather lifted just after new year and we had some amazing days with the entire resort open. had a few nice powder days and even had some fairly fun runs down under the lifts (not really off piste, but as good as you can get without heading deep into tree lined areas).

the resort is fairly basic, but you can get everything you need there. there was more and more english speaking staff there - when i first went 5 years ago it was pretty hard to get around without much serbian, but my friends had no problems. oh and most of those photos were taken from the highest part of the mountain, which for the first week after christmas was completely invisible from the resort because of the fog (honestly, there were days when it was less then 5 meters).

so to sum up. i dont remember speaking to someone who had a bad time there, some people were disappointed by the coach from the airport (yes, its a pain) and by the accomodation but by and large everyone was totally in love with the resort and slopes.
latest report
Putnik got the worst complaints? Very Happy dammit! rolling eyes hehe

TBH when i go 'boarding.... accomodation is just somewhere to sleep and wash. i dont care about much else

thanks for the report though
snow report
Only five more sleeps til Kop!!! How many people on here are going out on the 15th?
ski holidays
T Bar, I have to disagree, surely one is allowed post snow reports for any resort and not just the usual suspects, there is far more sking in the world than what you see on the brochures! Smile
snow conditions
Craig, just read your post. ok theres a few guys with some fairly pathetic looking ponies and sleighs to drag stuff around the mountain, not exactly the most romantic thing though. they can be booked in advance, just stop them on the mountain and you can sort out them being at a certain place at a certain time.

lots of people for new years got skidoo'd up the mountain, had a fire at the top, drank champagne and generally enjoyed the beautiful views - perfect for a clear night. that should be possible to arrange anytime of the year, theres lots of skidoo hire information around the place, and you can always talk to the people at the reception of the hotels if you need help with translation/booking stuff like that.
ski holidays
dnc,

Thanks alot for that, Skidoo's sounds like the way forward, Loving the idea of champagne at the top of the mountain,
Thanks again snowHead
latest report
thinking a bit more about it, you might want to bring your own champagne. i did for new years (shopped around for a few hours in belgrade and managed to scrape together couple of bottles of moet) - there wasnt much visible in the shops up there - just some fairly awful "sparkling wine" type attempts.
ski holidays
Cheers again, I will have to smuggle a few bottles in the rest of the groups luggage. Thanks again
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy