Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fox hotel Banff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone ever stayed here? We've been to Banff quite a few times but only once since we had kids. We are planning on heading out for 2 weeks at Easter next year and would prefer more apartment style accomodation as all 4 of us stayed in one room last time Shocked and whilst it was bearable, drinking wine in the dark while the kids slept wasn't ideal. We want something that is walkable to town and I see this place has condos that have a living area and a little kitchenette.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have stayed a number of times. Love it. No complaints- a reasonable walk into town, and the kitchenette is really useful. There are a number of restaurants in the hotels on Banff Ave so you have choices nearby as well. It is one of the onlt aparthotel style places in Banff (very common in Whistler) and we really like it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, we've stayed in a few places. Pre kids in the Rimrock but it's way too stuffy for kids, Ptarmigan we've used a few times, Inns of Banff but too far to walk if it's minus 30! I really like the ideal of an apartment style as last time for the first few days, the kids were begging to go to bed by 7pm so at least we'd have somewhere to sit and drink wine rather than sitting in the dark! Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bagginsmum, If you were happy with the Ptarmigan, have you looked at the attached Rundle Manor? It was pretty run down when we stayed there about 6/7 years ago, but there was talk of the whole building being refurbished. Despite it being a little tired, we used it 2 years running (not too fussy) I don't know how the price compares. We didn't find much else condo-wise in the area.

Last time, we stayed in an apartment in Canmore, where prices are a bit lower, but there is the extra drive to the skiing (and no shuttle buses), which may cancel out any saving.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We last went 2 years ago, Rundle Manor was still looking pretty ropey then. Might see if it's been redone, thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think someone said the Fox was nice (ShimmyA maybe?). We stayed in the Caribou which was good, but no apartment style rooms and ate in the Fox one night because we couldn't be bothered to stroll into town. Nice Margeritas, but that was about it. Lousy service - they brought my main at least 5minutes before my other halts, and that was whilst we were still eating starters, partners main was cold when it arrived, then tried to take a plate away as I was eating???!!? Poor food - . Avoid eating there and you'll do fine.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had a few good meals last time. Earls was good but busy, Saltlik was good but pricey. I can recommend the Wildflour bakery if you start craving veggies after a few days of wall to wall protein. The kids loved the Grizzly house but more for the atmosphere and the waiter who apparently looked like Gimli. Food in the Ptarmigan was distinctly average. The best meal I had was a baseball steak in the Keg downtown
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
20 years ago Crying or Very sad I stayed at Irwin's Mountain Inn, and they had a suite, ie two rooms with a connecting door, perfect for when you have a 10 yr old. Went back there twice more. Ski bus stops outside. Value for room against distance walk from town centre was the right balance for me.

I would go back in a blink if I could afford 4 tickets to Calgary!

Plenty of views on trip advisor to see if it's what you're after or if you prefer a bit more luxury Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wild Bills, the tex mex place (forgotten name), Saltlick, Banff Brewing Company, Evelyns Caff, The Waldhaus all nice enough some expensive, some not. The only bad meal was at the Fox.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mrs M liked the Tex Mex place. I thought the nachos looked like a meal for 4, but she insisted it was just a starter Toofy Grin

I can't remember the name but I liked the Chinese place. Very nice (this was about 10 years ago).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Silver Dragon, daughter had her 10th birthday meal there! Wild Bills now sadly off limits to kids so we had to miss but have had a few good meals there before. Magpie and Stump always good for a margarita. I'm not planning on eating in the Fox, revirews on Trip Advisor were rubbish!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy