Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes 1800, recent visitors?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some friends and I are looking at booking a trip to Tignes for March. There's quite a good deal to some new apartments in the Les Boisses village at 1800 metres. From what I can gather this used to be a very quiet, small village, but it sounds like in 2013/14 it's been developed and has a bit more going on.

Can anyone who has stayed in the last couple of years report on what the village is like, if much has changed? We're not looking for nightlclubs or a busy town, but a few bars and shops would be good! Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ejayAD, To be honest its still in development - only about half of the new project is built and therefore a lot of the commercial premises are as yet undeveloped. So there are a couple of hotel bars a ski shop and a little supermarket. There is a regular bus service up to Le Lac - last bus back at midnight. Taxis can get rare at that time of night but in extremis (and reasonable weather) the walk is doable but not recommended. If you fancy eating out then you are going to be coming up to Le Lac. But if the price is right the skiing is good down to there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ejayAD, Stayed in a chalet hotel in Les Boisses last year, good and easy access to the pistes but not much by way of entertainment in the village, especially if self-catering. Bus trip to Le Lac is free and easy but not particularly late running. Later in the week we chanced upon Les Brevieres, the village just below. Seemed more of an atmosphere, bars and restaurants, and more traditional. If I went again, I would spend evenings (or stay) in Les Brevieres. Think you can get a taxi there from Les Boisses.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys, it's hard from the websites etc to get a good feel for the place, so it's really useful to hear from people who have been there!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ejayAD, Or in my case live there!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:
@ejayAD, Or in my case live there!

Ah yes, that would help!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy