Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Off Piste Course for Twenty-Something's?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for off piste courses for the younger end of the spectrum? I'm keen to go in the next 6 weeks or so, but would prefer to go with a group of a similar age - I'm 27.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@capability, one of the UCPA courses, maybe - have a look at the Action Outdoors website.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah UCPA via action outdoors - loads of off piste courses for all levels and tastes.

If you want/need an 'intro into off piste' don't book yourself on one of the more advance off piste weeks as the skiing levels are really high and full of super experienced Scandies.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@capability,

I think you may struggle to guarantee a group of riders all about that age. I have taken part in loads of different off-piste courses, and there may well be some people of your age in UCPA groups - but they could be a good bit older. You often get a mix in ages in off-piste groups from mid-twenties to people in their fifties. It is not about age, but ability and fitness. If you want high level off-piste skiing try Piste to Powder in St Anton, Pentes Forte/steeps UCPA courses. I hope this helps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@capability,

I think you may struggle to guarantee a group of riders all about that age. I have taken part in loads of different off-piste courses, and there may well be some people of your age in UCPA groups - but they could be a good bit older. You often get a mix in ages in off-piste groups from mid-twenties to people in their fifties. It is not about age, but ability and fitness. If you want high level off-piste skiing try Piste to Powder in St Anton, Pentes Forte/steeps UCPA courses. I hope this helps.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JayDub yeah probably won't all be around 27 but most will be 25-35ish (in my experience)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go ski with a 35-45 year old guide and TRY and keep up Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kat.ryb, in my experience, particularly in relation to the higher technical level stuff, the age is usually a good bit higher than 27. Due possibly to the time taken to develop the skill sets and the experience required. Personally, I have never considered the age of skiers in an off-piste group. Having an 'older' mountain guide is a very good thing indeed!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm just back from an off piste wk with the UCPA. I highly recommend it. Age ranged from late 20's to 40's.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy