Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter has returned

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I arrived into Verona last night around 8pm and set off up the motorway towards Madonna di Campiglio. My hire car (from Eurocar) has snow tyres and I paid the extra for some snow chains, so I was confident of arriving safely and without too much hassle.

This didn’t happen. I did arrive safely but with a great deal of hassle.

The motorway section of the trip was fine, if a little slower than normal as the ploughs had been busy at work. The problems started after I came off the motorway at Trento North. There was people driving on summer tyres and who also obviously didn’t have any chains.

On three separate occasions I was in a stopped line of traffic behind a car which had got stuck. When I say stuck they weren’t in a huge pile of snow, but rather they simply couldn’t get up the small gradient of the road. This made them stop and this stopped everyone else behind them. In each case people in other cars got out and helped by pushing the stuck car to the side of the road.

Maybe the recent warm weather has lulled some people into a false sense of security. But now winter has return with a vengeance to the Dolomites.

The journey from Verona normally takes about 90minutes to 2 hours. Last night it took me 4 hours to travel the last 32km all due to people forgetting that it’s winter.

I have just looked out of the window and there is a foot of fresh snow in the resort which has fallen since I arrived at 3am. I guess there is MUCH more on the slopes. It is still snowing very hard and its forecast to continue. The clients arrive today at 11am so I hope they have packed some warm clothing.

Luckily I’m parked in the underground car park in the centre of MdC. I think I’ll leave the car there all week and take the bus if I want to go anywhere (for some reason they never seem to get stuck)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad you made it, Lisa, and glad that winter has returned to the Dolomites. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most excellent! We arrive tomorrow, so looking forward to great conditions Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You Fitzwilliams I'm salivating reading that!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy