Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a resort

Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

OH will only be able to take a week of in March to go skiing so I am thinking of taking either 31Jan/1Feb or 7Feb/8Feb week and go solo.

As going solo will be more expensive than on a 2-people share basis, I was wondering whether you guys could provide some feedback/ideas for resorts in Slovenia or Norway (any other countries are also considered).

I don't mind buying and cooking food myself so can def. go self-catering.

I am thinking about buying a package with flights and especially transfer included as the latter is always expensive to arrange.

What would you guys recommend me?

thanks in advance
rb51
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you want to go solo?

If not post on here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=19, look at UCPA and other options.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
don't really understand, @redbaron51. Will you be going in March as well? Nothing wrong with March - best month to ski, if you can avoid the school holiday crowds.

A package is always likely to be expensive on a solo basis and self-catering on your own might be a tad lonely.

UCPA is a very good call - it's terrific value and you can get transfers too. Look at Action Outdoors who sell their holidays in the UK and can arrange coach travel to some destinations.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, I also think @redbaron51, meant to go as well as in March. In other words a second trip.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks guys

yes hopefully 2 weeks this year (early Feb and mid Mar).

I posted a thread in the solo forum about Norway, but was wondering whether it would be better to post a thread in this forum.

looking for something cheap to go on my own, then in March go with OH on a half-board trip.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm going with Snowcoach to Valmeinier week after next and have saved single room supplement by electing to share. I did this a year before last at the same resort and as there was nobody else (male) who had elected to share I had a nice room all to myself.

Snowcoach has had quite a bit of flack in this forum and I can understand why. However, I have mainly found them to give me everything I wanted at about £200/£300 less than any other firm. You also get the chance to ski 8 days which I haven't found anywhere else. They only have two hotels left now, the one in Valmeinier being a bit thread worn when I was there.

But what it gave me as a solo skier was a guided party, an open area apres ski lounge and communal dinning to get to know other skiers and have the chance to join up with them. Also the journey over was completely organised and stress free. I rolled up at Watford, parked the car, gave my kit to the coachy, got on coach, went to sleep, arriving next morning and was on the snow skiing by 10:30 am. Brilliant!

If you don't want to travel on the coach there are other packages with flights, self drive or train, but of course coach is the cheapest and to my mind easiest. Airports and railway stations stress me out and that is where I need a partner!

Read the many reviews of Snowcoach if you are thinking about them. I think there are most definitely things they get wrong, but for me, they get every thing pretty much right.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi all,

look into all options available....as I cannot find a buddy to travel together.....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Olympic do some single rooms in their larger properties (take a look at skiolympic.com/availability which shows what rooms they have available and where)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Big Dave,

Ski O's Grand Planica in La Ros is excellent. A very good host I gather. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mollerski wrote:
@Big Dave,

Ski O's Grand Planica in La Ros is excellent. A very good host I gather. Madeye-Smiley

Agree. We were in Petit Planica last year. But I am not sure it is one of the places where they take singles
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Big Dave wrote:
Agree. We were in Petit Planica last year.

Anna hosting? wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sure was. With Rob as chef Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Big Dave wrote:
Sure was. With Rob as chef Very Happy

Rob is in the Grand with Megan (Cornish Mafia) this year, Anna and Will are running Petit. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mollerski, did we meet you last year? We filled Petit at half term for my 60th
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Big Dave wrote:
@Mollerski, did we meet you last year? We filled Petit at half term for my 60th

I don't think so. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Mollerski, Shame. But say hi to Rob and Anna for me (though doubtful they would remember me!). One of our party was a good mate of Chris (one of Rob's mates from a number of previous seasons). He was a newbie boarder and got the bug.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy