Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Self catered chalet for large group

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, I'm getting way ahead of myself and looking into feb half term 2016! I'm looking for a large chalet that would sleep 20+ and would let us self cater. It would also need to be drivable from Calais. Anyone got any great ideas? Have been trawling thru chalet finder/direct/etc etc We will be 4 to 6 families with school age children of mixed abilities. Any help hugely appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We rented a big one in Morillon (will check who it was through) which fitted 3 families (so 12 people) and also rented a massive one in Les Gets via Owners Direct, think it was called chalet Flora
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bagginsmum, Chalet Flora has now been sold.

@ludixon, I was going to suggest the solutions room of Chalets Direct but it looks as if you have already been on that site.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look on Peak Retreats website. They have a few larger properties and self drive packages.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chalet marmottes was the one in Morillon, it was possibly Peak Retreats.

Aw we stayed in chalet Flora twice, was a great size and close to slopes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@bagginsmum, it was sold last summer/autumn and has had a huge amount of work done inside, walls moved, wiring, plumbing etc and painted quite a dark colour on the outside - I think it is just a chalet for personal use now. Its just along the road from us.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does that mean Ziggy has left. She was a force of nature!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1066 chalets have a few in Les Gets that sleep that number by combining two properties in same block/ street. look at the accommodation section of their website, there is an option for large groups on the drop down menu. (sorry can't do a link)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bagginsmum, no, no, no, - Zigi is still very much around! You met her then? She still has Chalets Pierre and Angelique just up the road - they sleep about 8 each and can be combined for a larger group. We met her at the ski show in London 16 or 17 years ago and she told us about Les Gets and found our plot of land.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or this place? http://www.peiseyvallandrychalets.com/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I'm getting way ahead of myself and looking into feb half term 2016!

No, you're not getting ahead of yourself at all. Chalets that big are like hen's teeth; if you find one book it immediately.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agreed, we are already getting quotes for Easter 2016 as it is very early so it will be prime skiing!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you all so far - @pamski - have been looking at chalets pierre and Angelique, @Noo72 will check out 1066 - 2 half chalets would be a good idea. @hyst have literally just been on that website!!! Ideally, I'd like to have a catering service in town for a few nights too. Not asking much, am I! Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ludixon, there are certainly some catering services around - eg www.chaletchefs.net - and others in the Morzine/Les Gets area. Never used them ourselves - its me here!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Pamski, @pam w, connected? Very Happy
ski holidays
@Hyst, friends. Live near each other at home. But no connection prior to Snowheads. snowHead
snow conditions
@Hyst,
you meet nice people on Snowheads Smile my OH was a bit worried who I was talking to, but he has now met a few of them and rated OK.
latest report
Madeye-Smiley Yes my OH was my first skiteacher 1982 in Japan, still hang on her, and before Snowheads. Chichester was my first sailing On the big ocean 1972.
ski holidays
Ski-France.com do big apartments/chalets - we stayed in one in St Martin de Belleville which was directly on the piste. Was great as kids were a bit younger then & they skied up & down the run whilst we sat at the bottom having a beer but still able to see them. Ideal! It slept over 20.
Also stayed in a fab one in Nendaz that would've been a great place to go in the summer as it had its own swimming pool (not open in the winter!), but it did have a great sauna & a huge home cinema room which kept the kids entertained. Struggling to remember website I booked it through though.
Have def stayed in a few duff ones though so be careful what you book. Make sure you see lots of pictures. Chalet montagne website can also be a good place to look for big self catered chalets.
snow report
This one in Meribel Village is catered but the company have proved to be a very amenable to deal with over the past few years, so may lease it self-catered if you ask. Sleeps 20. http://www.skibasics.com/catered-chalets/chalet-marini.htm
latest report
A group of my friends have just rented a 24 person chalet ski in/ski out in Schladming (Planai-Hochwurzen). Looks quite luxurious and I am joining them for the week. Worked out at 188 pounds each for the half term. We have also stayed in Nendaz and the other village round the corner in the Swiss mountains.
snow report
http://www.huettendorf-schladming.com
snow conditions
Two years ago I organised a 27 person trip to La Tania for Bogus Junior's 21st birthday. We stayed in a pair of adjoining chalets run by British owners. This is my review: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95245

I just looked at the web site The3valleys.com and I am not sure that these chalets are still under the same management. snowHead Anniepen would know.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy