Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please talk to me about rental skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
carroz wrote:
@Mountain Addiction,

A rental ski you want 3 seasons out of minimum, retail skis don't tend to last long enough as the top sheets are nice and shiny and get beaten up, the edges are thinner, bases are thinner etc

for example here

http://www.fischersports.com/en/Alpine/Technologies/Skis/Rent-Technology

This may be Fischers way, as I said - always exceptions to rules... If Fischer want to keep their rentals going for 3 + years that's up to them - personally, I think 2 years is enough
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One thing to ponder.

When you're browsing your chosen rental shop for skis and see examples of skis for rent i.e Atomic, Head etc, unless they have a guarantee model listed, the shop may not have any of the skis shown on their website.
Example.

Have a look at Skimium, this particular shop in Brides Les Baines show a nice range of Premium skis.
http://www.skimium.co.uk/equipment#man/ski/premium-ski

Click on other examples
Yes please, I would like to chose one of those. Now I have seen the little asterix telling me that these are examples etc but you would at least expect that the shops would stock some of these.

No, not one of those skis are stocked. So if you are not going to rent those skis then why show the pictures as examples.

This is blatant misleading information and fraudulent.

Same goes for the class lower, precision ski. None stocked at all and all quite battered old skis instead.

So Mr Skimium, who I believe is a Snowhead, what say you ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been looking up rentals for our up coming trip to Flaine and seen a new option on SkiSet called "1st Price". It's dirt cheap at about £37 for the week. Confused as whether to book it for ski newbie, will it be poor quality and old or beginner specific equipment?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think everyone is diffferent. I bought a pair of head tt20 skis after one week in france knowing nothing about what they were. I loved them on the morning corduroy but could not ski the chopped up stuff on them. Bought dynastar outland pro 80 the following year and my skiing has improved miles beyond what i thought possible. Can now ski anything and will never get new ones until these are knackered. Heads got sold as no use whatsoever to me as an all day ski
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I rented from SkiSet in Avoriaz last week we chose gold but there was some confusion and we ended up with platinum for the same price. They where ok but the conditions were not great so hard to tell if they would have been good in any deep stuff, good service from the staff though used the shop several times over the years and always ready to help.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I hired what were meant to be 'superior' skis in Courchevel last month and every pair they gave me were old and knackered! I ended up getting a refund.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If that's what u believe I can rent you a new pair for a £1000 a week , will even wax then daily for u too Skullie Skullie rolling eyes Puzzled Shocked wink Cool NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Confused as whether to book it for ski newbie, will it be poor quality and old or beginner specific equipment?

who knows, but no doubt not much cop for that price. A beginner needs nice skis, beginner specific, in decent condition. Good skiers can ski on any old rubbish if necessary. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
steven.mccosit wrote:
I've been looking up rentals for our up coming trip to Flaine and seen a new option on SkiSet called "1st Price". It's dirt cheap at about £37 for the week. Confused as whether to book it for ski newbie, will it be poor quality and old or beginner specific equipment?

Having just returned from Flaine ourselves, because of the uncertain conditions and an underlying urge to try something wider underfoot, I decided to rent for a change. I looked on Flaine's main tourism site, collared the email addresses for the most conveniently located shops and pinged off the same email to each, basically saying 'have you got any of the attached wish list, would you recommend anything else based on my experience/size and the prevailing conditions?', and one shop in particular was absolutely brilliant. They suggested Rossi Experience 84s plus some plan b alternatives with the option to chop and change throughout the week, and gave a good and unprompted discount. Also, they didn't ask for any payment upfront. Just an email confirming that I wanted to reserve them. On arrival, I swanned in with a boot and hopeful expectations. I was greeted with a smile, and immediately presented with a brand new and unused set of said Rossis, which were set up in minutes. I couldn't be happier and promptly set off to the Perdrix Noire next door for a celebratory beer whilst waiting for the navette to take us back to Montsoleil.

As for the skis themselves? Loved 'em. In the same way that nothing handles like a hire car, I can now confirm that, in variable conditions from fresh powder to mud and gravel, there's nothing that an insured pair of rental skis can't handle..! So, it's a big thumbs up to Adelaide and Snow Service in Flaine Foret from me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy