Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Took my OH to Hemel today....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finally managed to get the planets aligned and get my girlfriend on a ski taster at Hemel today, she actually liked the sliding bit and would like to do more.

Big problem is I'm a level 7 skier, so obviously ski school for the OH and either skiing on my own or private free ride lessons for me but she is a teacher and there are no snoworks courses or the like in the school holidays, my skiing buddies wife is also keen to start skiing and that would be the perfect solution but I would hate to inflict skiing in the school holidays on them, so am stuck for ideas...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@2planks, the Easter holidays are not usually too bad, especially if you avoid the resorts which get big numbers of British TO groups.

There shouldn't be any problem getting some private lessons for the two beginners so you can ski with your buddy or do some guided off piste, or whatever.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, thanks, yes Easter might work next year, interesting to hear that Easter is not that busy but I guess you have to head reasonably high though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@2planks, Easter next year? Shocked Strike while the iron's hot; go Easter 2015. No, you don't need to go particularly high. For your OH the key criterion is a really good ski school with small group lessons (privates for every day will be super expensive and without a lesson each day she might well lose impetus and be discouraged, especially if trying to ski with a much more experienced skier).

Aspect is as important as altitude for spring skiing. My resort tops out at only 2000m but is usually still fine till mid April.

And a beginner is not likely to want to ski all day. Stop around 2 when it gets slushy and sit somewhere sunny with a cold beer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or go to Canada they are not big on Easter over there so generally reasonable price for school holiday times. Obviously it will still be more than Europe but quieter on the slopes probably.

Whistler does great lessons - now called Max4 - which as the name suggests is 4 people with an instructor and you can get the same group for the whole week (Mon-Fri). This is a great way to learn and lets you and the friend go and do the wild stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@2planks, we're teachers so stuck with holidays (although also have a 13yo so would still be stuck!). We usually go at Christmas and Easter school hols, it's quieter and cheaper than New Year and Half Term. You mention going high at Easter, the highest ski area we've been to at that time of year also had the worst conditions - nothing to do with where we were - it would've been pretty poor everywhere that year as it was very warm after a season with relatively little snow.

That said half term isn't always bad. We've only been away for one half term in France (Valmeinier) and were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't ridiculously busy.

The OH was a very experienced skier before I started. I went in to group lessons, she skied about by herself in the morning, then we met up at lunch. We skied together in the afternoon where she was happy to pootle about with me. After a few days she'd got talking to another lady at the hotel (who was in a similar position to us) and they skied together every morning.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christmas is never that horrendous here
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easter is low season for French accommodation rates. As long as you steer clear of the British TOs who put prices up because it's school holidays, no problem. Now, of course, the flights are very expensive (need to book early) but driving to the slopes and renting an apartment can make for a very, very, cheap holiday on quiet slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy