Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insights on K2 obesthed / Missdirected as just been given a pair...they are huge!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a few pointers on a pair of skis I have been given

I am used to skiing rossi s3 (waist 98mm) in 177cm off piste, and get on fine with them, they are fun. light, flicky etc

I have been given a brand new pair of K2 Missdirected in 179cm, (yes i know they are womens skis! and are pink and purple...but its only a top sheet), on a bit of investigation they are the same dimensions as K2 Obesthed with a lighter core.

Looking at them, they are huge, 146 117 134 have an huge tip rocker and slightly lesser tail rocker and a rather soft. they look like old fashioned powder tanks with a big rocker added, very different shape to the s3. Much bigger tip and especially tail.

er............. what to do with them....I have never skiied anything as big as this, they are about 8cm longer than the s3's, and I have a pair of bindings to go on them (squire schitzo) but will need to buy some wider brakes. Bit concerned how much they will torque my knees

so anyone got any real reviews of missdirected / obesthed on piste, powder, trees, moguls etc....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2010-2011-2011-2012-k2-obsethed-189cm

I don't think you'll have a problem skiing them or knee wise if you find the S3 fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@meh, Thank you for the link , had a read, so i could give them a go, it will be interesting something that wide
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It all depends on perspective really, to my mind that really doesn't sound "huge" as I'm used to punting around on some of our (Whitedot's) larger offerings as my daily driver. As a great man once said "just ski down and jump off something!!" 117mm is the new 68mm after all Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carroz, you'll be fine! I ski Rossi S7s (women's) at 178cm everywhere: on piste, off piste, bumps, slush, boilerplate, ice, powder, crud, you name it. I'm far from being an expert – or even advanced – skier and I feel very comfortable on these skis, with dimensions that are a few millimetres different than K2 Missdirecteds and similar turn radius. I definitely have not noticed any stress on my knees.

Rule 5 Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I ski a pair of obesthed on powder days. Go for it they are so much fun. Easy to turn and very forgiving in the powder.
Have fun.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@the_doc, +1 (daily driver is 118mm)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy