Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski pants length question for new to skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, new to the forum, hope to be a long term member having recently had the urge to get back into skiing. Been buying my snow gear and have purchased a north face jacket and pants.

Question is to do with the ski pants, got them at a great price so would rather keep them and not return them as they dont stock my size, which is Large with long leg according to north face sizing charts.

I have bought a large in regular, 2 inches shorter in inseam length, trying them on the bottom of the pants are just off the floor in a pair of shoes, just touching with no shoes.

Seeing as I havent yet been on the slopes yet what length of pant should I be looking taking into account ski boots and bending but still long enough to keep the snow out.

Asking now because they still have the £140 label on them to return if needed.

I know great first post eh but a genuine question to all in the know.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SH.

In my experience you just buy your normal sort of size, eg I buy medium in most trousers, even though they are a little large for my waist, cause I can't get my thighs into small (too big from cycling Very Happy).

But just touching the floor with no shoes sounds fine to me. All of my sallopettes are the same - just scraping the floor with no shoes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Abarth_1200, sounds good to me too. Any longer and you will shred the bottoms of your ski pants when you are walking around out of ski boots.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Abarth_1200, it's actually the snow gaiter which keeps the snow out, so the length of the trouser legs is not so much of an issue. Just make sure the gaiter comes over the top of the cuff on your boot.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
igLou wrote:
@Abarth_1200, sounds good to me too. Any longer and you will shred the bottoms of your ski pants when you are walking around out of ski boots.

Just turn the bottoms over. The elastic from the gaiter holds it in place nicely and keeps the bottoms out of the snow. Simples Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey, thanks for the replies.

Going to keep them then, the gaiters are shorter then the outside leg but only an inch so should still fit past boots, trying to remember how big the boots are I think I should be ok going from your responses.

Thanks again!

Stand by for more daft questions...

Anyone from the highlands of Scotland frequent this forum by any chance
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy