Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fresh snow on firm base!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had a morning session at Gloucester ski centre.

Really good fun with three to four centimetres of fresh snow on top of the Dendex. A very enjoyable experience.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 14-01-15 14:57; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just wait until there's several cm. and you can ski off-piste on the adjacent golf course. snowHead

Had an epic night ski there under a full moon back in the 80s, taking the lifts up then through the fence for the d.h
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@geoffers, I remember doing that in the mid-70s; lift to the top, over the fence, hike to the top of the golf course and back down the fairway. The greenkeeper went mental when he found out!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was pretty similar in the Esapce Killy today 15cm on top of hard pack or in the case of La Daille - blue ice Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A few cm of soft new snow on top of hard pack is my absolute favourite. No more than 6-7cm though. My last day skiing last year was like that. Best day of the year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sanman, you would have loved this today 5 - 10cm on hardpack

But for me give me at least another 10cm I don't want to hear / feel anything under me especially on a pair of fat twin tips!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

A few cm of soft new snow on top of hard pack is my absolute favourite. No more than 6-7cm though. My last day skiing last year was like that. Best day of the year.

Just out of interest, why is that? Just suits your skiing style? Slightly old school swishy/pivoty turns? Don't get me wrong those conditions are nice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, Still no snow in France eh? wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

For the avoidance of doubt - it looks fab, wish I was there Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I know a lot of people who love those types of conditions. I prefer lots of dry light snow over, lots of less light snow. (Seems to be the perfect recipe for faceshots.) I skied some of those conditions most recenty in CO in December. It's very fun. And on groomers it's really nice. More like satin than corduroy. Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy