Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new to snowboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
yea, i dont know much about snowboarding and i want to know if i should take lessons or get up there and just try it out for myself. also if anyone would like to fill me in with other questions another time... i have plenty!
thanks,
amy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
amieree, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead

I'm only a fledgling boarder so I'm not much of an opinion on boarding, I'm afraid (though it doesn't stop me from having them Toofy Grin ). I'd definitely go with at least a couple of early lessons, to teach you the basic stuff like which side goes on the snow, where the feet go, whether it's easier to slide uphill or down...no, really like rules of the mountain, how to step into the board safely, how to fall, how to get up, how to turn, how to use a lift etc. After that lots of people just go for it and seem to have no problems picking it up, though it seems to me many could do with a lesson or two after getting some slope time. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHead amieree,

definately get a lesson or two to start you off. Otherwise you'll end up hurting yourself quite badly and also endangering everyone else on the piste. Take a lesson and learn properly, otherwise you may be put off forever...........and we don't want that!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take a weeks lesson in resort - period !

I made the mistake of thinking my wife would 'pick it up' and thought ( a la Obi Wan Kenobi ) that I was good enough to teach her myself... Although we made progress, when things got tricky learning just stalled.... we certainly 'lost' a week of decent learning because of this, and rocked her confidence so that the next week we went she was still starting at the beginning.... she went in full lessons from then on, and has since done two full weeks of lessons before she became confident enough to really get stuck in.... She now rides very well and thoroughly enjoys it ! - I am 'lucky' enough to be married to a stubborn girl who set her mind on learning to board and hence didn't let her slow progress stop her...

Lessons give you a chance to learn in a group of similar ability - and you benefit from being able to look DOWN on those who are not progressing as well as you and UP to those who are doing better....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi amieree, butt pad, and wrist guards for the first week are essential, some people like skate boarder knee pads too 'cos you'll be spending a lot of time either on your bum or knees listening to your instructor.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
amieree, deffinately take lessons. I agree with Masque, wrist guards are a must......not sure about butt pads, although I remember my first week hurt like hell. you will ache in places that you thought would never ache.....but it's worth it. When you complete that first run everything stops hurting, well almost.
Good luck
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy