Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel..tips for 1st visit tomorrow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Italy in a couple of weeks so we've decided to go to Hemel tomorrow. As above its our first visit. Any tips would be welcome. Not sure whether we should ho for 1hr 2 hr or all day pass. Will we get bored after a couple hours? Travelling from Southampton so not tooo far??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's not a lesson and you are fairly competent skiers then you will get bored after 2hrs. At least I am (though not sure if 'competent'Smile) I think it's just about enough time if you want to refresh some moves.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had an hour at Milton Keynes recently and that was enough for me - I was getting some pain from my new boots though which may have contributed to it but I definitely wouldn't have wanted 2 hours.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't need goggle and it might be colder than imagined.
Lockers are a quid refundable
I would go for two and stop for a drink at half time, poling to the lifts can get a bit tiring if you haven't done it for a while
Mornings flatter, more cut up later I'm the day
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2 hours is fine. If you book online, allow about 30 mins to get your rental gear and get changed. Tha cafe/bar is good, but there's free self service drinks at the Schuss Bar at the bottom of the slope.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd go for 2 hours to make it worth it. I went to MK recently and thought it was about right. As said, no goggles needed, but I was far too hot! I didn't wear a hat or helmet either or I would have melted. It was much more fun than I was expecting!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're intermediates. So won't need goggles or glasses. Will we need jackets etc seems it can vary hot and cold?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You might get bored after two hours, but when I went no one was checking passes anyway so you could have easily stayed longer. As I was travelling up from Devon I got the day pass (it's only a couple quid more) and stayed from about 9:30 to 16:00, including stopping for about an hour for lunch. Interesting skiing in the different conditions as the surface changes through the day.

I would take a jacket, (you don't need much under it), and ski trousers. You'll see people in tracksuits and hoodies but mostly they fall over and look kinda wet. No need for goggles but might be worth a helmet if you think you might fall over, my mate stacked on his last run of the day and all but knocked himself unconscious.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What clothing you need depends on a few factors.

How much you feel the cold and how active you are while skiing or do you like a good natter at the top ?

So best is to layer if hot take a layer off and put in the lockers.

If the day pass is not that much more why not get that ski for a couple of hours have a break go for a drink and a natter maybe if you took some pics/video of each other look over them. Then back on the slope for a couple of hours more or until tired.

Getting bored again is subjective I have done upto 8hrs at Chillfactore and was not bored but others get bored after an hour.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy