Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine Apres Ski Needed

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

A group of us will be in Morzine and whether the conditions improve or not we're gonna need some après ski refreshment.

We normally go to Austria so it's the lively pre supper drinks we need between 5 and 8.

Has anyone any recommendations please?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Robinsons for the Mutzig Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Onmebum, Innumerable Giraffes in the Bhudda?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@halfhand, Agreed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's just occurred to me that halfhand, Onmebum, & red 27, make a spankingly good trio of usernames Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is the Bhudda now called the Tibetan?

@red 27, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@halfhand, I think so.

Bec Jaune if you like craft beers.

Dixie perennially popular. Can't believe I've been drinking there for 24 (25?) years... Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chez roger, Dixies, Tibetan, Cavern. Tremplin weird wednesday rave thing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@red 27, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for Dixie's nibbles are great too
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And when (if) it opens- rude's version of Le Paradys Should be ace
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1 for Tibetan (cheap beer, lively, loud music).

Although it always stinks in there, probably due to smelly ski boots and basement/lack of ventilation!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
or the wine bar (name?) in the main square with the ice rink for more sophisticated drinks!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
@halfhand, I think so.

Bec Jaune if you like craft beers.

Dixie perennially popular. Can't believe I've been drinking there for 24 (25?) years... Shocked

Is Bec Jaune the micro brewery style pub? We saw it last year as we were leaving for the airport. How is it? We are out on the 24th.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yes it is, worth a visit.
latest report
alex99 wrote:
or the wine bar (name?) in the main square with the ice rink for more sophisticated drinks!!

coupe de coeur - great wine list Very Happy
latest report
Even better list in the downstairs wine bar at La Chaudanne restaurant
latest report
@bobhitch, coup de couer I think.

@The Libertine, it is. Had very fine pulled pork burger week back on Saturday. Liked a lot. Also excellent veggie options, reasonable winelist and a very eclectic selection of ales.
snow conditions
That sounds right up my alley. I will definitely be paying a visit. Thanks.
ski holidays
Make sure you book @The Libertine, they have two sittings 7 and 9pm (for food)
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Make sure you book @The Libertine, they have two sittings 7 and 9pm (for food)

Will do, again thanks for the heads up. Would I need to book even if we were just heading there for a couple of drinks?
snow report
red 27 wrote:
@Onmebum, Innumerable Giraffes in the Bhudda?

This. Dixies is a fair old walk, depending on where you are staying/skiing, so always in there after skiing, see where you end up after dinner. Quite a few times we've ended up just staying in there and cancelling dinner.
latest report
@The Libertine, no.

Do they have two sittings? no evidence of that when I was in. Mind you, I think out table was booked 19h00 anyway...and I wasn't doing the booking.
latest report
Bec Jaune website states two sittings - 7 & 9pm as per above.
snow report
@under a new name, no I made it up to put off non-locals.
snow report
Is cafe chaud still there? That place had some amazing evenings! Place at bottom of pleny was decent and had live music.
ski holidays
Yes it is. It seems to be a black hole for seasonnaire iPhones and wallets
latest report
I used to go on these insane holidays to chalet vejus next to cafe chaud ran by some northerner called Ian who was in the salt business or something weird. He liked random people coming to his chalet and it was an absolute riot. One night they had a fancy dress night at cafe chaud so we all dressed up in bin bags and walked into the hottest, sweatest bar ever! Another après we went into the pool bar underneath the Tibetan and he ordered about 35 pints of mutzig between about 7 of us before we all strolled in smashed to the chalet.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Delightful.

Have to say I've never been to Cafe Chaud and likely never will. But I am not adverse to an occasion Cavern bender if they have the good band in. There is a reggae band called Zuri Aura playing around town at the moment that everyone is raving about- might try and see them at Aubergarde when 2-4-1 is on
snow conditions
So far the tibetian is the leader, still researching though
Very Happy
snow conditions
Dixie's the new leader, good effort but it ain't Austria. The difference is you're the odd one out if you're not dancing on the chairs in Austria but there's bouncers telling you to get down if you try it in France. Losers.
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, cafe Chaud was in its heyday in the late 80s and early 90s before the long term management sold up in iirc 1999 ish.

I recall in 1998 I thought I was doing well leaving at 06h00 only to repeat the effort a week later departing at 07h00 straight onto skis.

Ah, youth.
snow report
Onmebum wrote:
Dixie's the new leader, good effort but it ain't Austria. The difference is you're the odd one out if you're not dancing on the chairs in Austria but there's bouncers telling you to get down if you try it in France. Losers.

Yep - the French just don't get apres do they.

Tends to be later in the evening (apres dinner rather than apres ski) but The Cavern's about the best.
latest report
Dixies is good and live music adds to the atmos. Tad of a walk from end of piste though.
ski holidays
We've had a few nice après sessions in Le Tremplin this week - good band, good DJ, good atmosphere.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy