Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Choosing the right last and flex?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I hope you had a good Christmas and new year!

I am currently looking for some ski boots and was wondering what kind of last and flex would be suitable for me? Although my feet are on the narrower size most of the boots im looking at have a bigger last than my feet.. Is this alright? Is last just about the level of comfort or performance you want? For example if I bought a pair of boots that had a 100 or 102mm last would that be ok? Also, what kind of flex? My brother seems to think something like 80 will be ok? Here are my feet measurements below:

Mondo: 26-26.5

Last:97-98mm

I am around 50kg and an aggressive skier,

Thanks,

Euan Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The answer to this question is always the same: go to a good fitter and follow his/her recommendations

For me, if I had to choose, I'd rather have something a little too long than something with too wide a last. Better to have both dimensions right obviously
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks you for your reply @Arno, I don't have the chance to go to a boot fitter between now and when I will be skiing...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EuanFraser, Salomon and Lange seem to cater more for the narrow & shallow of foot (like me too)

I got some Sally x-max-100 boots this season and with off the shelf footbeds they fit perfick. I paid about £180
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
people really get hung up on this last measurement which appears on models of boot...but what about the fact that all companies interpretation and measurement point is slightly different and more importantly the way the boot fits the heel and ankle area, the key is to get the back of the foot solid as you can and then make the forefoot wider if required, a boot fitter can widen a boot by well over 12mm so concentrate on the heel /ankle and have the front made wider if required

in answer to the question about buying a 100/102mm last...if your foot is 98mm wide in a size 26 it will rattle around in a 102mm last within a few days of skiing with your body weight something 80-100 would work but i would err toward the 100 as you can alway make a boot softer but stiffer is more difficult
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
so something with 80-90 flex and with a maximum of 100mm last should fit ok? Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What @CEM, said was get a flex of 100, and 102mm wide is too wide. If you want them to fit you need to get them fitted properly.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@EuanFraser, as far as I'm aware mondo and last really only relate to boot measurements, not feet. Do you mean that your foot is 26-26.5cm long and 97-98mm wide? I find it pretty difficult to take accurate measurements of my feet and I think you will get a much better idea by doing a shell check. I'm pretty sure my feet measure about 26cm long without a footbed, this shrinks to about 25.5cm when they are are properly supported and I am swimming in a mondo 26 boot.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@EuanFraser, just rent again and approach the problem when you have enough time to resolve it appropriately.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy