Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where is there snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I'm booking a trip for a group of us in Feb and was all set to get a chalet in Morzine until I took a quick look at the webcams for the resort and thought.... where is all the snow!?!

Is there anywhere that has a little snow that I should be considering?

It seems France is out, but how are the other European resorts fairing?

Thank you in advance Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JoeySnowJo, Norway.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Forecsat for Hampshire is showing snow overnight Tuesday to Wednesday and again on Friday. Looks like we may have more than the Alps wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Boredsurfing, same for Wales. Snow sox at the ready to get the brats to school.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha - excellent. Cancel the trip - UK skiing is on!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JoeySnowJo, conditions now are no indication of how they,ll be in February. However, what is certain is that for the four weeks ending 7 March it's french school hols. When are you thinking of travelling?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JoeySnowJo,

Much of French resorts are working well, even if some of them don't have a lot of snow in the village.

So even given current cover, you shouldn't blanket dismiss France, let alone the Haute Savoie.

As Pam says, much can change in a short period of time and I'd submit that given reasonably "normal" type weather, at this time of year conditions tend to change quicker for the better. I.e. a good couple of days snow will make a huge positive difference whereas a much longer continuous period of cold sunny weather would have a much slower detrimental effect.

Reasonably good forecast for snow at the weekend.

That aside, Monterosa has good snow cover.

Austria apparently.

But again, you then need to do your due diligence.

What is your group looking for anyway?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow down to the valleys in much/all of northern Austria AFAIA, though I think the East has had the best of it recently. Supposedly Western Austria might be the winner next weekend (as well as much of France), btu we'll see...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you everyone for your replies. We've got a narrow window where we can go (a week from 22nd Feb) and whilst we know its French school hols, at least we miss the UK holidays!

We're 10 people, looking for a nice catered chalet style holiday. I love Austria and would definitely go back if I could find somewhere that does a chalet style experience (there are some in St Anton, but we were there last year). We're a mix of boarders and skiiers and have varying levels of abilities from near beginner to advanced. We're relatively (!) young so would like a bit of apres/nightlife although it doesn't need to be crazy. Oh and an outdoor hot tub - this is an essential Cool

To add - whilst I know things can change, I was a little shocked to see just how little snow there was in Morzine when checking the webcams today! We were last there in March 2011 and again had very little snow so really wanted to avoid a repeat performance.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
that week is British half term AND Paris. So I'd go nowhere near Morzine, personally, however terrific the snow.

In fact, in that week, I'd be very tempted by Italy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
that week is British half term AND Paris. So I'd go nowhere near Morzine, personally, however terrific the snow.

In fact, in that week, I'd be very tempted by Italy.

I'll take a look at Italy thank you Smile Do you know if you can get chalet style accommodation there? I had thought we'd missed the UK though (I thought it was the week before)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 12-01-15 17:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
some parts of the UK might be a different week but I think 21 Feb is going to see the very worst of it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pam w, most of the UK is 16-20 Feb I think
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dobby wrote:
@pam w, most of the UK is 16-20 Feb I think

Beat me to the punchline.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ansta1, even in Wales where we often get a different week off. Boo. Hiss.
latest report
ah - sorry, then that's not so bad. But it's still Paris and I still wouldn't go near Morzine.
snow report
@JoeySnowJo, but Pam is right about avoiding France in French half term. Quick Interweb search shows that Fasching is the week before you go, so AT may not be too bad.
snow conditions
@JoeySnowJo, Italy doesn't do chalets to the same extent as France. But hotels tend to be that much better value and I'd argue better food if 1/2 board.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy