Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in low resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Check these webcams out, while France cuts grass . . .

http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter/skiresorts/ski-amade
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guess where I'm going in less than 3 weeks... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@northantsred, well, actually, we have complete snow cover (on the mountain, not just on the runs) and all runs open down to village level in Les Saisies, including a black run. I'm very glad you have great snow in Ski Amade but could do without the willy waving... wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why is it "willy waving"? It's no different to last season when the northern Austrian and Swiss resorts had lower snow depths than usual and the Dolomites were overloaded with the white stuff. All over this forum there are threads about lack of snow, warm temperatures, worst ever season, yada yada. Someone is helpfully just pointing out that these weather phenomena can be location-specific.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@queen bodecia, it is very helpful if people draw attentiion to local conditions where they are, or where they are going. But , does it have to include crowing about poor conditions elsewhere? And if it does have to, it ought to be accurate.

I honestly cannot think of a time when somebody posting happily about nice webcam pictures from France have felt it necessary to contrast them with poor conditions in Austria (which could well have been the case for a fair part of last year) or when pictures from southern Austria last year, where there was loads of snow, were accompanied by crowing about how awful things were in the north.

It's classic "mine is bigger than yours" stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia wrote:
Why is it "willy waving"? It's no different to last season when the northern Austrian and Swiss resorts had lower snow depths than usual and the Dolomites were overloaded with the white stuff. All over this forum there are threads about lack of snow, warm temperatures, worst ever season, yada yada. Someone is helpfully just pointing out that these weather phenomena can be location-specific.

In fairness, touch of gloating to the "helpfully just pointing out" bit.
However, equally unhelpful are posts pointing out how super conditions at Resort x are or what a huge dump is expected at resort y when even a cursory look at the official resort websites or weather forecast for the area would indicate this not to be the case at all.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@northantsred, check out this webcam of the bottom of Planai. http://www.bergfex.com/schladming-planai/webcams/c5369/
If you review the shot from yesterday where there was no snow outside of the piste and compare it to the shot of today you can see just how little snow there is.
Fortunately there is more than yesterday, but nothing like the 60cm at the valley that your link suggests. Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In the earlier days of snowheads the gloating would often be of transatlantic comparisons. The mighty dollar seems to have killed off these comparisons, though Japan gets a look in nowadays.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Once upon a time there was quite a bit of humour on this forum, but now the thought police have taken grip it's all but disappeared.

@pam w, FWTW, I am merely passing on an observation. My willy is concealed. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@northantsred,
You're a very naughty boy. Everybody knows Austria is too low for snow wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@musher, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy