Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some Arinsal advice please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've never been there, don't know anybody who has ever been there so apologies for the basics:

How do you get there? ie what airport to fly into and transfers?

Where to stay in the town/area such that access to/from the slopes is easy? Walk? Shuttle buses?

Self catering accommodation? Any recommended web stuff or agencies?

The reason I ask is the The Lass is going there for the last two weeks of their season to do her BASI Adaptive Level 2. She is mega overloaded with university exam stress at the moment and has "delegated" to me...I use that word with caution!

Thanks in advance...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going a week Sunday. Flying into Toulouse and transfer to Arinsal approx 3 hours. Staying in the Princess Parc which i think is around 200 yards walk down to the bubble. Meeting up with the BASI gang for the week. Should be a blast. Just doing a snow dance at present although i am told the slopes are tip top.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can fly to several airports.....in France, Toulouse, Perpignan and some others.....or to Spain....Barcelona or Girona. There is really only one main road through Andorra.....road to France sometimes (not often) shut due to snow/avalanche risk via Pas de la Casa but the road in from Spain rarely shuts. Never done the journey other than with tour operators. Would travel via Barcelona if I was doing it myself.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Closest and largest airports are Toulouse and Barcelona. I don't know about Toulouse, but from Barcelona airport (or Sant train station in the city centre) there are direct public transport coaches to Andorra la Vella. Once in AlV there are good public transport buses to take you either to the Vallnord towns (including Arinsal, which is farthest up the valley) or the Grandvalira towns (on the road to France); see http://www.interurbana.ad/mobile/docs/linies/index.php and for Arinsal in particular see http://www.interurbana.ad/mobile/docs/linies/parades.php?idLinia=NQ== (every day, every 30 minutes, between the times shown at the bottom).

Since your girlfriend won't have a car, it would be strongly preferable to stay in Arinsal itself, rather than in nearby towns. It's a small place, albeit strung along the road. Look at booking.com or similar, and view the map locations of the hotels etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @Pyremaniac, one detail...The Lass = my Daughter!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can stay in La Massana the town nearby. The buses go up. The Port Envalira used to have huge weather problems being so high but a tunnel now cut out the highest bits.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Might be worth looking at hotel Patagonia in Arinsal, I was there on half-board this last week, food was OK but they do a nice aparthotel setup too. Right next to the chairlift at the top of town too so great slope access.

@Wolski the snow should be good for you as long as it's cold enough for them to make snow overnight, it was good for me apart from Saturday because it was a warm night and the snow became extremely slushy with no fresh coverage. If they can get the cannons in again before you're visit it should be good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, should be ok...temps after Wednesday ranging from -1 to -7 and snow forecast. Cant wait.

Maximum
temperature 5°C 4°C 2°C 2°C 2°C 1°C -2°C -1°C -2°C 2°C 2°C 0°C -6°C -6°C -6°C -4°C -4°C -5°C -7°C -7°C -3°C -4°C -4°C -7°C

Minimum
temperature 3°C 2°C 0°C 0°C 0°C -1°C -2°C -1°C -2°C 0°C 0°C -5°C -6°C -8°C -7°C -6°C -5°C -7°C -7°C -7°C -7°C -4°C -4°C -7°C
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy