Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying skins for Sal Q98

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When I bought the Q98's last year I got touring bindings fitted so I wouldn't need to change skis on those occasions when the guide wants to do a bit of skinning. I'm not into touring in a big way, just the occasional times on off-piste weeks to augment the lifts. I had thought that I might then hire some skins locally for such days. Having thought about it, I'm not sure that this will be easy (in particular getting ones that are the right size for my skis) so would appreciate any input on the following questions:
Is it generally possible to hire skins on their own for a day or two? If so, how much does this cost (as compared to buying some outright)?
If I need to buy in the UK where (in the South east) would you recommend for quick delivery?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never really looked into it, but can't imagine anyone will rent you skins on a day-by-day basis. They have to be fitted (and cut) specifically to the ski.

I know some rental shops do just straight-cut the skins for their own touring skis as it's not worth the hassle of having to keep track of which skins fit which skis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy