Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On line check in?

Poster: A snowHead
Is it worth it?

I've just been looking at my Monarch flight next week to Friedrichshafen (for the Livigno trip). I can chek in on line but then I have to select and pay for my seat. So is it worth the promised shorter queue in exchange for £6 min each way?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do it - beats wasting time in the airport and you can make sure you get a decent seat near the front!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@adithorp, unless you're short of £6 then why not get a better seat, shorter queue?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1. Works very well on Singaporeair.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mmmmm - whilst I agree with the sentiments (and I do check in online with Monarch to ensure I am off the plane first) is does grate to pay for something that makes their life easier and cheaper. I suspect if the thread was about a certain Irish airline there would already be a plethora of vitriol!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have checked in online for years all over the UK. And Europe. The queue for Bag drop off is always the same if not longer !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check the size of the plane - Monarch usually use quite big planes (compared to Easyjet/jet2) and you may well be hunting around for the other passengers. When I flew low season to Friedrichafen, it was barely half full. Spend it in the bar.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds unpromising to me.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@adithorp, do it. When coming back from Austria recently I lost my phone which had my flight details on. Luckily I'd checked in the day before and she was able to check against my passport, and she printed me a boarding pass. If I hadn't, I'd have been struggling.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was pretty annoyed (after booking our flights) to find that Monarch charge for online check-in, unlike Easyjet, where it's free to do so if you are happy to go with free seating. It seemed like a sneaky add-on cost. So on principle, I'm not going to cough up for this when I fly to Grenoble with Monarch in a couple of weeks time. We'll just get there nice and early and join the queue! I always seem to be able to get a seat I'm happy with anyway (I prefer window seats), and to be honest I'm not that bothered when it's only a short flight.

I'm not sure the queues are much shorter with on-line check-in. Well not with Easyjet anyway - it seems to depend more on the airport and the number of desks open vs flights and can vary from no queue to really quite a long queue.

I don't want to waste another half an hour of my life on Monarch's dreadful bookings website either. It crashed three times when I was booking my tickets!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Monarch [i]charge[\i] for online check-in? Clearly up haven't flown with them for a while, but I'd be with CathS and refuse to pay on principle!

More generally, I flew with Virgin a couple of days ago, and it was the first time I'd seen a material difference between the queue length for check-in vs. Bag drop at the airport...I spent 15 mins of tedious querying watching people who'd already checked in sailing past me. I should add that I hadn't bothered checking in online because virgin let me choose my seat online several days before the flight, so it didn't strike me that there was much point. Clearly I was wrong!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just beware (don't think Monarch have got one) but using the 'app' boarding passes- I did this with easyjet & it didn't work properly resulting in a missed flight through having to queue in their ridiculous queue at Geneva.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:
@adithorp, unless you're short of £6 then why not get a better seat, shorter queue?

Because I can think of better uses for £6.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@adithorp, I have no idea about Monarch, but I think some of the airline charge for early online check-in. If you wait until Friday it may then be free if you take a seat assigned to you instead of choosing one yourself, although the take a seat assigned by the airline option is not always very obvious.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@L_555, why didn't it work? we use that all the time through GVA ?
ski holidays
Maybe it's different in those busy airports you have in the south, but I've never paid for online check in and so far I've always had a seat. Unless the airline explicitly says "you must print 6 pages of useless info in order for us to put you on the right plane", I don't bother with that either, just hand over a passport although I do always fill in the APD online beforehand. I could pull up a booking number on my phone if requested, but I think that's only happened once. This is for KLM, Monarch, Easyjet charter at Liverpool or Manchester.

I appreciate that you may want to specify your seat if you are 6'4" etc.
snow conditions
I think I'll just join the queue on Sat morning.

I object to them charging me when it's something they want me to do to save them time/effort. I doubt the flight will be full. I know it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things but it is an extra 15% on the total flight cost and can think of other things to spend £12 on.
snow conditions
On "real" airlines, I online checkin as early as I can as I like being near the front of the cabin.

On Easyjet, with luggage, I'll often buy "Speedy Boarding" as priority luggage queues at Geneva and Gatwick can save a load of time. I will sometimes pay for fast track security at GVA if I think it'll be a busy time of day (e.g. when U.S. bound flights of squabbling schoolkids are being processed)

Conversely, I have no interest in being first on the aircraft and usually wait until last.

The Monarch deal only sounds worth if if either Manchester or the other end are likely to have huge queues on the day. If there are lots of Monarch charters going out at similar times on the day, probably worth it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy