Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Saisies - will my husband go crazy with all the drag lifts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New here. Apols if I'm not posting in the correct forum and also for such a long post.
I'm already planning my 2016 trip. My husband and I have started splitting a week's accommodation between our 'girl' group of friends and 'boy' group. The boys do Sat-Tue and we do Tue-Fri. The girls I go with are nervous skiers so after seeing them struggling last week (mainly due to conditions plus ability) in La Clusaz (lovely) I thought Les Saisies may be a better bet for next year. I was keen to know how easy it was to get around on the lift system for the whole area (Espace Diamant). The piste map looks like it's full of drag lifts (my husband is a boarder so his idea of hell). Is there a way of avoiding most of the drags using the chairs? Also, are there reasonably long runs? From the map I was concerned they may all be quite short. The boys like cruisey Reds with a few steep sections - will there be enough for them too enjoy or would it be too easy for them.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mountaindoc, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I've skied a little in Les Saisies and can't recall many poma lifts at all Confused Or at least not an unhealthy amount. Lovely area. There are a few reds that I like there and a few easier blacks that should suit.

Edit - pam w knows the area very well and also boards so is well placed to advise in that respect too. She is probably out enjoying the fresh snowfall at the moment snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think Les Saisies would be ideal for the girls in your group but less good for the boys. There are some decent reds but I don't remember any long ones. As I ski rather than board I can't remember much about drag lifts - Pam W would be able to fill you in on the current lifts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't recall that many drag lifts in LS...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not out in snow, sadly. Have visitors including not well little boy with temperature of 38.8
There are few drags in LS and all easily avoidable. You can also ski the top of Notre Dame just using chairs and that includes the best reds in the area. However exploring the lower parts of the domain involves some steep drags so only suitable for skilled boarders. I went up one behind a french lad who was chatting the whole time on his mobile. But they are challenging for intermediate boarders. Some skiers struggle with them too. The worst is LE Seigneur in Flumet. It's exceptionally steep and if you fall off you have to hike through woods and descend a steep mogully black then either try again or wait for a bus to the much less demanding territory of Crest Voland. That lift is
easily avoidable with attentive reading of the piste map but others have to be tackled. Only if people want to explore the whole area though. There is a good amount of territory which can be done on chairs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone. This sounds like a goer then. I've searched earlier posts but wondered if there is anything new to add about best places to stay (looking for a 4-bed apartment) in the village and close to the lifts (if possible)?
Cheers again especially the tip about LE Seigneur Pam - if the husband doesn't get me what I want for Christmas I'll be sure to send him that way wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And I hope your boy gets better soon Pam
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mountaindoc, you mean a 4 bedroom place? There are not many places with 4 separate bedrooms and they are likely to be expensive. Some individual chalets have 4 or more bedrooms but a number of these are (though very close to piste/lifts) not in the main village. If you look at the "hebergements" on the lessaisies.com website you can get an idea of what's available but I doubt if any are looking at bookings for 2016 at the moment!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy