Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe di siusi and Val Gardena end January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody ... New member in here ..

Going to Seiser Alm on 24th Jan to 31 ..

Group of 5 skiers .. All intermediate .. Anyway, I have a few questions if somebody can help ..

1. The snow depth is only 21 cm but all pistes and lifts are open .. Wondering .. Is it skiable on the 21 cm ? I see some green monutains in the web cams .. But hoping to have some more snow soon..

2. What is the easiest way to go to Val Gardena ? Is it through Orteisi ?

3. How can we go to the Sella Ronda early morning as we are based in Seiser Alm, do we ski from seiser alm and then from Piz lift to Ortisei ?

4. Is it possible to ski the hidden valley ? Isn't it too far from alpe di siusi ?
The

Any answers or help would be appreciated guys

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi , have a look on my thread , very similar in some aspects wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GiveMe5ive, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

You didn't actually say where you are staying- is it actually in accommodation on the Seiser Alm, Catelrotto/Kastelruth or Ortisei/St.Ulrich? In either case Ortisei is at the start of the Val gardena Valley, so the quickest way of getting to the Hidden valley is to make an early start and catch the skibus from Ortisei Market Square (AntoniusPlatz) up to Selva/Wolkenstein. (The skibus ticket is 3 Euros for a day or 9 Euros for 7 days - you buy the tickets from a machine in the bus shelter in the Market Square. The timetable (on page 4) shows the first bus to Selva/Wolkenstein leaves Ortisei at 8:42 and gets to the Selva/Wolkenstein Ciampinoi stop at 9:01. You can either get off there and walk a few hundred yards round the corner of the road past the Hotel Corona/Krone till you see a footbridge crossing the main road, or I'm pretty certain that the next bus stop if you ring the bell is at the footbridge. You cross the footbridge to a short chairlift ascent from which you ski to the Dantercerpies lift

Once in Selva take the Dantecerpies lift clockwise on the Sella Ronda and ski through Colfosco, Corvara and on to to Armentarola where there is a very frequent ski bus/taxi service (6 Euros p.p) to the Falzarego Pass where you catch the Lagazoi cable car to start the Hidden Valley run. If you get the earliest bus from Ortisei you should certainly be at Armentarola by mid morning so should have no problems in doing the Hidden Valley and back in a day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
By the way welcome Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Johny for welcoming me .. I will have a look at your thread for sure ..

Alastair Pink ... Soooo grateful for this explaination .. Thanks ..

I will be staying at the Alpina Dolomites in Compatsch ... It is snowing now as I see in the webcams ... So good news ..

Everyone is telling me that skiing in the Dolomites is beautiful ... Hope we enjoy it to maximum ..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GiveMe5ive, You're welcome. snowHead

In reply to your question number 3, looking at the Seiser Alm piste map it definitely looks like you'll need to make your way across to the Piz gondola that takes you down to Ortisei.

For other ski days when you're not heading for the Sella Ronda/Hidden Valley it's worthwhile pointing out two other nearby areas worth doing. Firstly, on the Seiser Alm from Saltria there is a bus service that goes on a very windy track through a wooded path to Monte Pana from where you can join into the lift system that takes you up to Ciampinoi above Selva. The bus trip is quite an experience in itself - here's a video someone took going in the direction Monte Pana to Saltria!

http://youtube.com/v/0DEgbANs-WQ

From Ciampinoi you can ski the famous Sass Long WC Men's Downhill course with its "camel bumps" to St Christina. From St Christina you can then catch the bus straight back to Ortisei, or (and here's the second recommended area) once you're at the bottom of the Sass Long course in St Christina you can take the funicular up the other side of the valley followed by the gondola up to Col Raiser and ski to the Seceda plateau (see Val Gardena pistemap. From the Seceda plateau there is a lovely 10.5km long red run No. 2 "La Longia" back down to Ortisei (you can also take a gondola from Ortisei directly up to the Seceda plateau). Here's a video of La Longia (note frozen waterfall on left hand side of piste about 3:24 into the video):

http://youtube.com/v/rDtUq7psPB8

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 11-01-15 17:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks again Alastair .... Ur help is appreciated ..

Have a nice skiing season
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy