Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Honeymoon March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My wife to be and myself have booked our flights/ski hire and lift passes for Whistler at the start of March, but due to a break down in communication with her brother (he was supposed to be booking for us) we have no accomodation.

Two questions,

1. Would I be best to leave booking to the very last minute before we leave to get the best price now?

2. Do you guys have any reccomendations on places to stay hoepfully under the £1200 mark, but still 4*

Cheers in advance for any future responses.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try looking on alluradirect, or ownerdirect.
They have apartmets n their websites I have used both of them in the past.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at Ski Safari's & Ski Independence's websites to show you the variety of accommodation on offer. Once you've shortlisted then Expedia / Booking.com / Hotels.com / etc will give you pricing.

We had our honeymoon in Whistler and is was amazing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for ski safari! did a twin centre holiday with them to Whistler, down to maui and back up to vancouver then home. Theres another whistler thread happening at the moment so have a look at that.

we stayed in the crystal lodge which was cheaper than the other "honeymoon" hotels - we maintained our logic that we would still be skiing and out and about most of the time so didn't want to completely blow the budget just on the room. The Crystal was brilliantly located in town, still luxurious but not ridiculous. Staff were brilliant too
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@B1g_browner, +1 for Allura. I can pass details of a condo we used back in 2012 (in Upper Village - N5 bus stops outside) on if you'd like (send me a PM).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Start of March is a school holiday time over there so maybe better to book now. If you have got the rest already then a place from Allura could work out cheaper than a hotel.

Using a package we could always get a deal cheaper than DIY as they can negotiate cheap flights. We have always stayed in the Delta as it is near enough to walk through the village (5mins pedestrians only) leaving our gear in the lockers in the village. They do have a shuttle bus if you are in boots and with skis. The Suites here are reasonable prices and they will do a deal if you ask them. In the 1bedroom suite you get a full kitchen so can do breakfasts in room. 2 bed suite gives an additional lock off on-suite room that they can rent separately for flexibility. You seem to suggest there are 4 of you going? Just been completely renovated last year too.

Listel is cheaper and really close to the lifts but just a typical large american "motel" room of very high quality.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers for the responses guys. We have already booked Maui ourselves @FiFi_Trixibell, so hopefully it should be the trip of a lifetime.
We have booked hire in the village @franga, so staying in the upper village would be a pain in the mornings?

@Jake43, It is only the two of us, her brother has been in Whistler before, so we thought leaving him to book accom would be better. He sent an email to the wife to be to book the Pan Pacific Mountainside, but she forgot about it and we missed that deal.

We were looking at the Sundail, do any of you guys have any reviews of there?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sundial is certainly right in the middle of it all, though there will not be mountain views from many rooms. Not been but have seen good reviews before when we were looking.

I have watched the Fire & Ice show from the Blacks pub next door which was good.

Just a thought. The other Pan Pacific is not far to walk through the pedestrian only town. 5 mins. If you say you are hiring gear you leave your kit there so just boots to carry and it is a nice walk.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could walk down to the town with a bag to carry back the walking boots ski all day ski back to were you are staying. A lot of the upper village is ski in ski out if not then there is a free bus back to the hotels and apartments it does not stop at every building but its never far to walk from the stops if you finish in town. Then in the evening if you want to eat in town its back to the bus stop.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry guys, it was the Summit lodge that we saw the deal for and not the Sundial. Do you guys have any reviews for that?

I will check out apartment rentals tonight and get back to you.

Boiling down to three Hotels in the Village if I book a Hotel, Delta, Hilton and Summit Lodge.
Which of these 3 would you guys go with? I'm pretty sure the Delta would be the favourite?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed at Delta Whistler Village Suites when we went. Loved it. I can highly recommend, there is a great bar, outdoor hot tubs and they offer a mini bus transfer all day. He just drives back and forth to the slopes. No timetable. Very accomodating.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@B1g_browner, Only ever been to the Delta but as we kept going back there sort of says it all. Get a 1 bed suite. Bar there was close last year, but has just reopened to hope fully good.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stayed at the Delta over 10 years ago and was good...

Since have been in condos slightly further out or in Kadenwood.

Heading back to Delta in Feb.

It's not that far in ski boots to get to the slopes and also centrally located for shops, bars and restaurants.

Not that Whistler is that big in any case!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We stayed at the Sundial for 16 nights in 2012 in a one bed suite with hot tub on the balcony. Without doubt THE best ski trip ever and the current Mrs SnowMonkey69 has made it clear that she will never sign off that expense again on a ski holiday !!!

Great hotel, smaller than the Corporate giants (Westin, Pan Pacs, Chateau, etc) and the staff treated us like guests rather than the people in room 400x...

However, your first post gave a budget which I'd be surprised if you could attain with the Sundial. But, they can only say no, give them a ring and explain that it's your honeymoon and a trip of a lifetime and see what they say.

PM me if you want specific WB information as we're regular visitors.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@B1g_browner, awesome! Have a brill time! If you want any recommendations of the companies / people we used whilst there on things like snorkelling trips etc please feel free to drop me a message Happy
ski holidays
Thanks @SnowMonkey69, I will be dropping you a mail. Unfortunately the Sundial couldn't match an offer of £950 we just got from the Hilton - we couldn't justify the extra £500. Maybe in the future?

@FiFi_Trixibell, I will also drop you a mail in relation to both elements of the trip and what you recommend!
ski holidays
Also thanks to everyone else for their help too.
latest report
If you get some good tips @B1g_browner, feel free to send them on to me, honeymoon there leaving in 11 days! Smile
ski holidays
Just been sent a discount code for the Delta but it will not beat £950 even then. https://www.deltahotels.com/book/reservations/DWV?promo_code=PNT1 if it helps anyone.
ski holidays
@SkiG, there's a lovely restaurant as you come out of the Gondola but book early, its gets busy. A three course meal there is a must at some point on your honeymoon...
latest report
Found it on google - its Steeps grill and wine bar.
ski holidays
@Fruity, Thanks for the tip, will get it booked!
snow conditions
Fruity wrote:
@SkiG, there's a lovely restaurant as you come out of the Gondola but book early, its gets busy. A three course meal there is a must at some point on your honeymoon...

There are loads of super Restaurants we never eat at the same place twice in a visit. Though Caramba for value, Spaghetti Factory for cheap and Hy's for crazy cost are our favourites. Alway book the day before to get a table guaranteed at the busy 6:30 to 7:30 slots. All depends on what food you like.
ski holidays
We ate at the Spagetti Factory. It was fantastic, but not really a romantic venue..
ski holidays
@SkiG, I'm not there until Feb, so you could possibly be the one giving me tips! @Fruity, Will be checking out Steeps also. @Jake43, Some excellent tips there!

Also for any of you booking anything at all, Lastminte.com have a discount code of NEW15 running for 15% off all bookings - it expires today though.
ski holidays
We stayed at the Summit last year. We enjoyed it very much. I'd say it maybe lacked the luxury feel for a 'honeymoon' trip but if you're not having much luck elsewhere I'd definitely consider it.

My tripadvisor review is here:-

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g154948-d182625-r195291920-Summit_Lodge_Spa-Whistler_British_Columbia.html#REVIEWS
snow report
Hate to drag things back up guys, but was just wondering if you can recommend anywhere to eat on the slopes, or does everyone go back down into the village for lunch?
latest report
It totally depends on what you want to pay. There are two main options on mountain the Round House (Whistler) & Rendezvous (Blackcomb), they both offer fine dining and self service. The fine dining options are both very nice but need booking, I prefer Christines on Blackcomb but if you like steaks then Steeps Grill at Round House would be better for you. Other wise it is canteen catering on the mountain and can get very very busy. So you need to stop before 11:30 or after 1:30 if you want some space. Roundhouse has the best choices as it is bigger and normally more than needed for a quick lunch. New Curry bar for this year too.

New Veggie only place opened up at Ravens Nest this year but I have not been. By the Red Chair on Whistler.

Yes getting down the mountain for lunch is also a good option. Recommend Dustys down at Creekside - pulled pork sandwich is great. Though the WB operation runs Garibaldis and Merlins at each main run out with very similar menu options. Loads of places in the main skiers approach in Whistler village; anything from Dubb Linn irish Pub to Longhorn all less than 50m walk from gondola. It would be harder to find something bad.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy