Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Zell am See this week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what the conditions are like as I am heading out there on Saturday (17th). As I am having lessons for the week I will be unable to head to glacier to find better snow if the snow in Zell itself is poor.

Many thanks x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Millie10, No actually there but know it well. Conditions were good but the mild blip of last night and today looks, at least from the webcams, to have done real damage to the valley snow. The website shows all runs open except the valley touring routes.

if you want a good clear view from across the lake go to this site, it lets you go back in time as well so gives you a good idea of what has happened.

http://www.foto-webcam.eu/webcam/zellamsee/

If things were that bad the ski school will take you to the glacier anyway. In fact depending on your skiing level and the weather they may do that for a day just to give a change of scene.

Looking at forecast there is some snow over next few days to top things up. Its too far out to be reliable but if you look at next Saturdays forecast just now your main concern will be getting to Zell from the airport!

http://www.bergfex.com/schmittenhoehe-zellamsee/wetter/prognose/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Millie10, when conditions are not great, being with an instructor is the very best bet. They will know every inch of the resort and how to find the best conditions. You only need one or two pistes to have really great lessons.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for the replies Smile I'm refusing to worry too much about snow conditions as there isn't anything I can do about it now! Ive booked a package deal through Neilsons so can't just change my mind and drive somewhere else.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I came back on the 3rd and conditions were great before I left. I dont think that the last 24 hours will cause lasting damage. As robboj says getting to zell might be your biggest problem with the current forecast! NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ahhhh well least my plane gets into Austria early to mid morning! Plenty of time to get to resort if weather is bad! Not that I want to be stuck on a coach for hours but least it won't be in the dead of night!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Millie 10
I arrived in Zell yesterday. This morning It was raining at breakfast in the village, but turned to snow half way up the city express gondola. It snowed all morning and turned to snow showers (some heavy) this afternoon and evening. The snow level has dropped and there is a cm or two in the village this evening.

The runs back to the resort are fine and will be improved by the new snow.

We are looking forward to a cracking week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy