Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what vehicle for mountains and skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi it doesn't matter what car you have just ensure you have a new set of snow tyres a box on top also will stop the inside getting wet with melting snow ice I have an old astra van which is left out there all season never needed snow chains over the last 6 years driven in very deep snow and icy conditions never been stuck don't even have abs or skid control the main thing is to drive at a constant speed leaving time for others to make their mistakes first. Don't stop on a incline even if it means overtaking . Also know when it's time to turn round if there a que over a pass wait an hour for the plough to follow
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My volvo xc90 is in my opinion an unbeatable Alpine cruiser! Massive boot which can take skis (but we use a roof box), seven proper seats and loads of room in the back for our three kids. Done loads of 10 hour trips to the snow and no complaints.

I have m+s tyres and a set of snow chains (which I have used once).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best car I've ever seen in snow was a citreon 2 CV. Very narrow tyres, high clearance and very light so could be lifted out of snow drifts.
The journey out from the uk might take a while however Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most salient point to M. et Mdme. Martin..................

Regardless of what vehicles you ultimately consider, be same 4wd, 2wd, make certain you DO NOT select a model that has DFI (direct fuel injection) and instead find a model that has port injection or PFI.

You do not want to incur the inherent clogging of the intakes and runners and subsequent costly cleaning that is peculiar with DFI which can occur within as little as 7,000 miles average.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 12-01-15 1:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Peter S, My late father in law called them 'Galloping maggots' Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gaza, I had much the same experience with Audi at Portsmouth; it was a really unpleasant experience, and I was left asking myself why I would want to give a huge wedge of money to such tossers, let alone let them service it. I was looking at a A6 3l avant Quattro, brand new, and ended up with the Skoda Superb 4x4; far more functional , 30% cheaper.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy