Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hestra (Army leather heli ski)

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone rate these? Getting very tempted and am after a two gloves system.

Having trouble locating these in stock for the moment though.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had a pair for about 5 years now. They're great; warm comfortable, durable etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@macgyver, too warm for me
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I love mine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bought some for the first time last season. Suspect that might be it for a LONG time Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Absolutely love mine too. We live in Alberta, where it gets proper cold. Tried lots of different systems, which all proved to be rather expensive mistakes. But I now swear by my Hestra mitts. I have them a size too big-the extra room makes a big difference.

It looks like it will be only (!) minus 10 at Sunshine Village tomorrow so will only need the mitts. On colder days I add liners (also mitts-much warmer than glove liners), and tea bag handwarmers.

Before I got the Hestras I was seriously thinking that heated gloves were the only option (I have succumbed to heated socks), but the Hestras plus the other bits mean I can ski in up to minus 25 or so and still have toasty hands.

Oh, and as someone else will probably post I keep my core temp high...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@macgyver, love mine to bits - does not matter what the temperature, they keep my hands at the right warmth level! Had them for 4 seasons now, coming into their 5th soon. Not a mark on them either wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you get the right size they fit like a glove too. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Love mine , minus 16 all happy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep. Pretty impressive gloves. Removable, washable liners mean mine are now well beyond usual life.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had the non gore-tex ones that were fantastic, until i wore them hillwalking and they got soaked and got extremely heavy. Unfortunately they got nicked in the end. Was debating another pair but i might go for the Black Diamond crew gloves instead.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow pretty excellent recommendations all round. I'm sold!

Now if only I could find some in stock...
geepee wrote:
If you get the right size they fit like a glove too. Toofy Grin
I'd love to try some on, however can't find any stockists here near me, and annoyingly whilst there are lots in resort towns not the resort I go to.... I've measured my hands using the Hestra guide and think Medium will be quite snug.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@macgyver, I'm usually an 8 and the Hestra 8 works fine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
macgyver wrote:
Wow pretty excellent recommendations all round. I'm sold!
I've measured my hands using the Hestra guide and think Medium will be quite snug.

The guide says i`m size 8 but a 9 actually fits me better.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have medium hands and 9 is perfect, the 8 was a bit snug.

There is someone on ebay called jumbogenie who has them sometimes.
snow report
edgeandwax for all things hestra .first class service can't be beaten
ski holidays
Love mine. Not warm enough in Utah's minus 27 degree late December conditions, but I suspect that little is.
latest report
The best gloves imo, got a pair, I lost them, bought two more pairs of lesser gloves. Couldn't do it. When I went to buy them again no one had stock so bought the Leather Ski Cross, which are also great, but then found my originals a week ago!! Happy days!

My Wife has just bought new gloves, also Hestra from EB, I got both pairs from Edge and Wax.
snow report
pimp my ride...well gloves

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=115810
snow conditions
Edge and wax were out of stock in my size.

Ah Carroz Very Happy.
snow conditions
I love my Hestra gloves, they're the only ones I've ever had which don't get damp inside. Well worth the money IMO.
ski holidays
They're not warm enough for me in anything below -5 degrees C but Im obviously an edge case in this regard. The leather is very stiff and takes a long time to soften to the point that you're not fighting the leather to grip ski poles. Other than that, they're strong and should last you many seasons.
snow report
@Zero_G, have you used the wax at all? Mine are as soft as kid gloves as I wax them regularly.
snow report
@macgyver, I've got an 8 black/ white which has been skied 2 weeks, you can have for £65 plus postage if interested? I must admit I can't get on with the half mitten, half glove thing and have bought myself a pair of glove version since, these are now lying idle. I'd say 9/10 condition, can post you a photo if interested?
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, I eventually sold them because they weren't warm enough but, yes, I applied liberal amounts of Hestra leather balm. I've switched over to Black Diamond Mercury mitts for cold weather and Black Diamond Freerider gloves for warm weather. I find them better designed and better made than the Hestra products.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy