Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Email address for Bourg St Maurice Hospital?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had the misfortune to spend Christmas evening and most of Boxing Day in Bourg St Maurice hospital after falling on ice and breaking my wrist whilst out on a pre Christmas Dinner walk to Le Monal above Ste Foy. I am currently trying to contact Bourg hospital about ongoing treatment but do not have an email address.

Can any one help?

Thanks.

It is a great hospital though!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did they not give you a pack of information when you left?

My husband spent three days in there in July after snapping his humerus - upon discharge the consultant gave him endless paperwork to give to his UK consultant.

They are fantastic in there. But sorry for not giving you an email address!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Actually - I'll see if i can find the paperwork. There might be something on there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also had a pack of info for the UK consultant but none of it has an email address. By the way the UK consultant did not bother to look at it and as we are going back in March I was hoping to get the pins taken out of my arm by them as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will your insurance pay for the removal?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have just found out that the insurance had lapsed!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nightmare!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Fogliettaz, do you not have Carte Neige with your season pass? Should cover it.

Hi Jenniper, hope Stu's on the mend!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Fogliettaz, unless you live most of your time in France, much better you hand over care of your wrist to UK team.

As for email address: it is most difficult to find. This site gives email addresses for almost every other hospital in the area but there is no email address for the Bourg hospital: http://etablissements.hopital.fr/resultat_annuaire.php?loc=73&item=hopital&session=clear.
Odd.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevomcd wrote:
@Fogliettaz, do you not have Carte Neige with your season pass? Should cover it.

Hi Jenniper, hope Stu's on the mend!

Hi Stevo! He is right as rain now ta Very Happy

Hope you're having a good season so far - looking forward to seeing you in July!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stevo, although I was in Ste Foy for 10 days or so, I only bought a 4 hour pass as the conditions were so bad, so no cover! The walk back from the Monal with the sun and temperature going down was a bit nerve wracking and my wife was not to happy missing Christmas dinner!

@Jonpim, I have already been through that site and throughly serached Google to no avail. Handing my care over to the NHS fills me with dread judging by my first visit to Broomfield last week.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Fogliettaz, When I broke my leg in Austria the aftercare was in Broomfield. Initially the consultant was a bit off (he was full of cold) after that I found that as long as I was firm and asked lots of questions it was fine. One follow up visit was with a registrar who, after he thought I had broken the other leg and said "it's not as if I'm operating on it"( Shocked ), I refused to allow to continue and asked for my consultant, who was fine about it. Another registrar was ok but I insisted that he checked with the consultant on a couple of matters (and I was right the registrar was wrong).

My biggest issue was NHS physio - private all the way!

So overall, aftercare worked but it's down to you as the patient not to allow poor care

Good luck
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi @Fogliettaz,

Hope you're feeling better now. . .

The reason that you can't find an e-mail address for the hospital in Bourg is because they work mainly by phone and fax. As far as I know the only e-mail address which they have is for sending insurance stuff and isn't responded to for paitent enquiries.

You can call them on 0033 04 79 41 79 79 or fax them on 0033 04 79 41 79 65 - they speak English.

Hope it helps?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Snow and Sunshine, Thanks, I have the telephone and fax numbers but wanted to email as I can then attach my bar code details to the email. I just now need to remember how to fax from my computer
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Fogliettaz, you do not have to go to Broomfield if you don't like the place
Under the NHS charter you can be treated at the hospital of your choice.
Wherever you go, make sure you are being treated by a Hand expert. Do not allow a General Orthopaedic Surgeon anywhere near.
Broomfield seems to have two Hand Surgeons: Mr. Harry Alexander Lyall and Mr. Michael Francis Scott Taylor. A bit of careful googling or twitter/facebook might get you more info about them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy