Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I've just joined and am having a read through. I have a question already tho!

I'm looking at getting new ski boots this season. I've been skiing for the last 7 years, a week each year plus a couple of extra weekends. I'm intermediate. I ski reds and have done a couple of blacks. My technique still needs work tho.

I currently have Salomon divine boots which I understand are beginner boots. I'd like to get something for intermediates now, something a bit stiffer. I think that might help me improve my technique.

I'm going to go get fitted to make sure I'm wearing the right size but I can't afford brand new boots at £200 plus. I know that would be better in the long run but I just can't. So I'm looking online but to get cheaper ones they're going to be past seasons and won't be in shops for me to try on. I'm doing all the research I can. I bought my current ones online and they fit well although i appreciate its not ideal and I may have been lucky!

So I've seen a few possible. Atomic b70, 80 or b90. Or for a little more the Nordica sport machine
x85

What do you think would be best for my level of skiing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stay with your current boots , and save up until you can afford to go to a proper fitter and not be restricted by price , a bad choice or fit will hold you back for years , or wait until end of season and see what is about on sale but still go with a good fitter
where are you based ??
welcome to snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you think? I was beginning to worry they were holding me back. Too soft,lack of control etc.

I'm in Leeds.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gloggle, what Dabber says. Let the fitter choose the boot.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gloggle, give graham at Rivington alpine a call , he can give you idea of budget and cost of fitting etc , and then you can decide , but a bad internet buy will hold you back a lot more and could cost more in long run .
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok thanks. I was planning on going to snow and rock for fitting. They do it free. Then was going to see from there. Maybe they'll have some deals on!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rivington Alpine will I'm sure do just as good a deal as snow and rock and they will actually fit the boots, included in the purchase price. At least pop over there before going to snow and rock, you won't regret it!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gloggle, I totally agree with the others. I have Nordica Speed Machine 10s which are a very nice boot, but it's important to get them fitted properly. This includes heating the liner to mold to your own feet on that particular boot, and many others. Even after proper fitting they'll take some time to bed in.
I bought mine in Snow & Rock (Brighton) in their end of season sale and saved 60 or 70%! Excellent fitting service too. I received advice on the type of boot that would suit me and the fitter spent a lot of time with me overall.
Much better to wait, or to find the extra money, and get boots that will serve you well for years to come. An ill-fitting boot will ruin your whole ski trip and ultimately you'll have wasted your money not only on the boot but the holiday...and you'll have to buy a new pair for the next trip!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
EB at Castleford would be nearer than Rivington Alpine no? I'm sure a couple of peeps have indicated a good service there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok so I went to snow and rock and Ellis Brigham.

SR put me in Lange XT 90w and salomon max pro. One on each foot which was good to compare. The Lange was a better snugger fit.
They measured me as 22.5 (compared to my 23.5) although the boot I tried there was 23.

EB put me in the same Salomon. They suggested some atomics too but didn't have my size.

I think I might have to spend some money!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy