Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan Peisey restaurant with toddler?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We're off to Plan Peisey on 18 Jan with Esprit, staying in Chalet Renard. It's our first ski holiday as a family, as we're taking our almost two year old daughter with us. We'll obviously need to sort ourselves out for staff night off and would like to take her out with us for dinner. We're prepared to eat early and she's not a terribly fussy eater (an omelette will always do!) but I was looking for some recommendations as to where we might be able to eat.

Thanks very much in advance. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Always enjoyed Mont Blanc Bar in Peisey, decent grub, not too expensive, lots of classic style pub grub on offer and English speaking staff, mostly from our fair isle (whether that is a positive or not is highly debatable and down to personal preference I suppose).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most french restaurants are welcoming and nice with kids especially if you eat early.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most french restaurants are welcoming and nice with kids especially if you eat early.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w, so that's how you ended up with 41,000+ posts!! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We often stayed in the Hotel Vanoise with our kids aged 12 months and up and it was always fine and as Pam says welcoming x 3.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Checkout la Vache on lunchtime, and that might be an option - great for adults not quite so sure about what it offers for kids / timings
The restaurant next to the vanoise always used to do good pizzas
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@luigi, Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Solan is the restaurant just next to the Vanoise Express. It is dire, I have very rarely had a decent meal there. The last time we sent back bloody chicken kebabs several times. Before that we have waited for an hour plus for pizza. Food poor, prices high, staff rude. Quite alright for a coffee or a beer but I'd really rather never eat there again.

The Mont Blanc is good but is in Vallandry and up the hill so possible on the chalet staff night out with a buggy and a tiny bit of a walk. It is quite as described above, burgers, pints, seasonaires with bobble hats on. Great for a bit of warmth at lunchtime on a cold snowy day but possibly not where I'd like one of the few meals out I get a year.

The Vanoise Hotel is up the hill a little from the Esprit Chalets and is a very nice French Hotel with French staff, a French chef and a good restaurant. Probably about the same as Solan price wise so it's a no-brainer. I'd go there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alternatively if toddler not great at evening meals out, or if you are skint, or if you just can't be bothered with it all there are takeaway pizzas to be had. There is a trateiur (sp??) a bit down the road from the Esprit Chalets on the left and a Spar a bit up the road.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@MrsM, Slightly down the hill from the Esprit chalets is Chez Felix, Lucette (the proprietress) has fairly recently acquired grandchildren & she seems very happy to have little ones in there. I wouldn't recommend the Blanc with a todder! There is also a takeaway pizza place next to Armoise restaurant (even closer to Esprit chalets) that does amazing pizza. You can eat in too, but they only have a few tables.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Should add, Chez Felix is closed on Mondays.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all, some good recommendations. I think Mont Blanc would have been the place we ended up in days gone by, but perhaps not on this holiday! We might not end up skiing all day every day so might have chance to try a few! Now there's just the snow to think about/ sort out! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy