Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for transfers Geneva to Avoriaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

Does anybody have any recommendations for companies doing reasonably priced, reliable transfers from Geneva to Avoriaz? We have got the bus in the past which is fine but doesn't always fit in too well with the flight schedules, and have enough people on a trip that I am thinking it might be worth booking a private transfer.

I was looking at these guys: http://www.geneva-taxi.ch/. Anybody have any experience of them, or any other recommendations?

Cheers,

Anthony
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you contact http://www.chezmichellemorzine.com/host.html you might find Gordy can help. Or give you a recommendation...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try these guys, used them to/from Chamonix.

http://a-t-s.bigfoot-travel.com/default.asp?id_lang=1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just checked out your Geneva-Taxi folks. They're quoting the same cost and time to Morzine as to Avoriaz (i.e. nonsense). It takes at least 40 minutes to drive from Morzine to Avoriaz so I can only assume they'll be dropping you at the bottom of the Prodains cable car.

Cable car hours are:

Mon-Thur: 7h to 21h
Fri & Sat: 7h to midnight
Sunday: 7h to 22h

I would not want to spend a night sleeping on my baggage outside the cable car!!!

ATS at least charge more for Avoriaz but are inconsistent with times and distance. I have to assume that the Morzine transfer assumes Vallee Verte road and a pickup in Les Gets while Avoriaz is via Thonon with no stops.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After my experiences of the last 2 years I can confirm that the 20 vicious hairpins upto Avoriaz from Morzine are seriously scary but should take about half an hour . The first 6 are just about OK, but after that I am nearly closing my eyes in fear. It was snowing heavily this year when we did it, and it was the most horrible experience. I put the chains on at the bottom (in Morzine) and they could just about cope. I have one of those flimsy French Espaces, and it did not like it one bit, the ABS came on and demanded I stop, the auto gearbox got locked in 2nd because of the incline - I just kept going. The chains were slipping off and banging against the undercarriage, but there was no stopping me despite the damage. Our 2 car convey eventually made it, whereupon I crackest open a large Kronenbourg beer we'd bought on route and lit several fags.
It's always worth it........until you have to drive down again!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take the Prodains if your flight allows you to. It is much quicker than taking the road. Arrange to have one of the guys with walkie talkies to have a rack track or horse sled waiting for you at the top of the lift (give family name). One of you can stay with the luggage in the reception of the apartment the other picks up the keys from the estate agent.

On the taxi front most charge the same, if I were cynical one might say there was a cartel! wink . We use a couple of companies .
www.apex-assist.com
www.alp-line.com
www.aet-taxi.com

Hope you have a good time, alas I wont be there till January 21st. Try not to use up all the snow on me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roy Hockley, "if your flight allows", "it's quicker", definitely second that.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went with ats in the end, transfers went smoothly both ways. Would use again. Used the taxi to get up to 1800, seemed less hassle, but I take the point about Prodains, is probably quicker overall.

Cheers for all the advice.

Anthony
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy