Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody skied Levi in March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everybody,

We skied Levi in Finland during January 2 seasons ago, and had a great time. Although it was very cold, the scenery was fantastic, the pistes were empty, and we had an amazing time.

We would love to go back, and have managed to book a week off work for the first week in March this year, but wonder how much this will differ to our January experience? We remember chatting to our ski instructor at the time, who said the best snow conditions were in March, and that is when most of the locals visit - but does that mean the pistes will be very busy then?

If anybody has skied Levi in early March, it would be great to hear how crowded (or not) the pistes were at that time, and any other info regarding lift queues, temperatures, snow conditions would be really helpful too.

Thanks in advance!!

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Going in March all the unlit runs will be open for you.

would check to make sure local schools are not on half term as it could get a bit busy.

Like you I've always gone in January, been going for 12 years as I like the scenery and the colours of the sky.

Never seen long queues at the lifts when viewing on the webcams in March.

Temperatures will be a little better and the skiing will be good. Even the bar at the top of the gondola will be open, never been dug out when I'm usually there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes we went in March. It wasn't at all dark, but it did get really cold. It's one of my favourite places actually and I would love to return, but the OH didn't enjoy it so its off my list Crying or Very sad
We often skied empty piste, rarely queued anywhere. *sigh* I thoroughly loved Levi, stayed at the Crazy Reindeer..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not a great deal for the expert skier I must admit but for just right.

always stay at the Levitunturi Hotel, everything you need in one spot including a great water spa complex, included in your stay so you don't have to pay a daily entrance fee.

Roll on 2016 so I can go back, usually alternate between Austria and Finland.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We saw the Northern Lights too. We are off to Norway in February so I am hoping to get a rerun of that particular treat. Amazing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fruity, doubt you'll see the Northern Lights in Hemsedal because (i) I think it's too far south and (ii) it'll be permanently cloudy/foggy. Only place I have known where you get fog and wind at the same time. Cloud keeps slopes in god order, mind.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh well, they warned us the same for Levi, but we had an amazing display. I can live in hope wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The locals have their holidays on weeks 8, 9 and 10 (south, middle and north of Finland in different weeks).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we went to Levi early March a couple of years ago..
IMO its a pretty good time to go as there's a good balance of day/night and the snow was excellent, and it was busy, but not at all crowded when we went..

btw we saw the northern lights 4 nights out of 7 Very Happy but it is very much a luck thing..

It is definitely worth a visit, its not particularly challenging for an experienced skier/boarder but there is so much more to it than just skiing..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We skied in Levi in March about 10 years ago. It was a great time to go as the sun had finally broke the horizon in the day and most nights we were lucky to see the Northern Lights. Skiing is great for beginners and intermediates, but not really for advanced skiers/boarders. Frankly I don't care too much about the lack of advanced slopes as I'm with family and friends who are at all different levels and it's a geat place for that.

Going in Feb this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy