Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Evening Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Along with all the honeymooners, I am off to Whistler on the 17th for a couple of weeks with a bunch of mates. Seems good restaurants need pre booking. Any good recommendations from the SH gang?

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rimrock for very good (but not overly pretentious)
Sachi Sushi or Sushi Village for well err think the name gives it away snowHead
If you're at Creekside, then Creek Breads for good Pizza (after a few beers in Dustys - Dustys also good for pulled pork sandwich, bucket of rib/wings, etc...!)
21 steps in the village for more chilled out dining
Hy's for steak, Keg for cheaper steak (also has Brandy's pub as part of it which does pub food) - note steak is cheap in Canada so cheaper doesn't mean bad Madeye-Smiley
Teppan Village to see your food being hurled around before you eat it Madeye-Smiley
Whatever the Italian restaurant in the Mountainside lodge is, also another one near to Whistler Village sports which also can't remember the name of (that wasn't all that helpful was it!).
Earls for steak, burgers and beers - trying to describe this place in a PC way! Little Angel
Brewhouse, GLC, Merlins, Dublin Gate, Longhorn, etc, for general pub-like fare and lots of beers. Unfortunately can't list Cittas anymore Sad - not quite sure what has replaced it
Splitz grill. Sort of fast food place, but _really_ good burgers

In January, apart from The Rimrock, you are probably good without booking that far in advance (in fact some of those I'm not sure even do take advance reservations)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Kegs surf and turf is awesome and the beers at the Brewhouse if that's the one with the train in are good aswell ,the Grizzly Blood if I remember rightly is pretty strong stuff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
after a hard day's skiing, it's difficult to beat a massive steak at Hy's washed down with a nice bit of red wine, followed by a couple of cheeky beers in the bar at the brewhouse Cool

Umberto's is good for smart Italian-ish food
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rim Rock is good. Red Door Bistro good, and not as pricey. Also Elments Urban Tapas.

Don't forget to hit the Crystal Hut while up on Blackcomb.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A while since we were there, but there was a really great Greek place near the Brewhouse.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steak at Hy's as mentioned, and beers in the Brewhouse - food isn't too bad either.

Shame The Boot isn't still there, great for entertainment wink Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alta bistro for very, very good food. Specials menu is reasonable price if you go early!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what about a special restaurant for birthday celebration please?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, Bearfoot Bistro
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Arno, Just what I'm after, thanks !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno wrote:
@holidayloverxx, Bearfoot Bistro

I would go to Hy's or Rim Rock if you are staying in Creekside. Though the Bearfoot is good.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The sushi restaurant in Blackcomb is so good - can't remember its name
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks guys for the amazing response. Love snowheads Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jake43, Hy's is in Whistler Village?
ski holidays
If it's a special birthday then maybe Araxi? It's been a good few years since I've been to Whistler but last time (honeymoon) we ate at both Araxi and Bearfoot. Neither was cheap (even by Whistler fine dining standards) but the food and service were excellent in both. Wherever you eat I'd definitely recommend trying the local Okanagan wine if you can. They were fantastic and IIRC the more familiar European wines were very poor value in comparison.

Not sure whether it's still there but the Mongolie Grill was a staple of Whistler eating along with the Keg (+1 for the surf & turf there) since our first visit way back in about 1999. Certainly more family than fine dining but food was tasty and good for novelty value, especially if you haven't done the Mongolian BBQ thing before.

Love W/B so not quite jealous enough - sadly out of our price range now we have kids. Still, we're off to Gressoney on Sunday so can't complain!
ski holidays
The food in the Bearfoot Bistro is great but the place is a bit 'cringey'.

Its a few years back that we went on our Honeymoon but the starters arrived under silver salvers. The head waiter then came over , said 'let the magic begin'. Then 'un, deux, trois et voila!' at which point the salvers where simultaneously whipped off the table.

We like fine dining but found this place somewhat OTT!
snow report
Keg for great steak at reasonable(ish) prices.

Brewhouse is a good all-rounder.

Caramba has decent pizza and great calamari.

Milestone's at Blackcomb base is also worth a visit especially if you're staying in Benchlands.

But for a special occasion, I'd pick Araxi. We finally got around to eating there last year - on our fourth visit to Whistler - and it was comfortably the best meal we've ever had in a ski resort.
snow report
@Jake43, thanks. W e are not in creekside
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
@Jake43, Hy's is in Whistler Village?

Yes I know - read it again I said Rim Rock was at creekside
snow report
@Jake43, it read as one sentence, perhaps some punctuation after Hy's wodl have made it clearer. I thought you meant both were in creekside

I'll have a look at Araxi as well
snow report
Some great recommendations here, my personal favourites are :

Araxi (they have a comprehensive list of Okanagan Valley wines and, as @largeyorkshireman says, you'll do much much worse - we had an outstanding red a couple of years back), Araxi also has a sushi / oyster bar
Rimrock (one of the bus lines to Creekside stops right outside it)
Earls - very good food, nice beers and ice hockey on TV
Umbertos (nice, if a bit on the expensive side, Italian)
Sushi Village
Sidecut (great steaks / in the Four Seasons hotel near the Blackcomb base)
Crystal Lodge (on Blackcomb Mountain for very good meat-based lunches and waffles)

I envy you - having to "put up" with Zermatt and Val d'Isere this year.
latest report
@holidayloverxx,

You CAN'T beat Araxi for a special meal / night.
snow report
@franga, thanks, and I do go for the Okanagan wines
snow report
I know, I know, day time should be for skiing, but if anyone happens to be in Whistler on Easter Sunday, have a lie in then head to the Chateau Whistler and partake of their unbelievably amazing Easter Sunday brunch.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Jake43, it read as one sentence, perhaps some punctuation after Hy's wodl have made it clearer. I thought you meant both were in creekside

I'll have a look at Araxi as well

Sorry it could have been clearer never did manage to get my English O Level.

You are spoilt for choice which is, I guess, why you asked. I have not had a bad meal there - other than Earls is very noisy and Mongolie grill has huge queues. Amusing though paying for the weight of food you choose.
ski holidays
been to a mongolian grill a couple of times - hate it - choose your food then it all comes off the grill tasting the same!
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
been to a mongolian grill a couple of times - hate it - choose your food then it all comes off the grill tasting the same!

Yep thats why we only went once - people we were with loved the "performance" of it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jake43, I went to a similar restaurant to MG in London years ago and decided I wasn't fussed by the experience so have avoided MG.

stuarth's list is pretty good and has most of my favourites. The Italian in the Mountainside Lodge is the Trattoria di Umberto and it was always somewhere we went. They make delicious beef carpaccio. I also love Araxi for special occasions and the food at the Bearfoot Bistro was good but we had the same experience as Lower with the whole 'un, deux, trois reveal' thing and thought it was pretentious so haven't been back since.

We went to Sushi Village A LOT the last time we were there. I'm very tempted by Easter brunch at the Wildflower hells bells! They used to do midweek buffets there in the evening which were amazingly good value. Don't think they do them any more but worth checking. The Wildwood at the racquet club is another Whistler favourite for brunch and we usually go at least once. Great eggs bendedicts and various kinds of bennys too.
snow report
@geetee, I think the Wildwood has moved up into the Village Stroll. I have not been since it moved but agree it was good at the tennis club. So much choice.

There was some good publicity about some local chefs taking on the ex Greek place opposite the Telus centre but have not tried it but maybe worth a look.
snow report
Only advice us book the day before you go at least !!
latest report
The Royal Taste of India is excellent.
snow report
Jake43 wrote:
@geetee, I think the Wildwood has moved up into the Village Stroll.

So it has! It seems to be in the Crystal Lodge now. I wonder if it replaced Ric's Grill? There seems to be a new pub called the Beacon. That looks like it's in what used to be Citta.
ski holidays
The place rics grill was still seemed empty a few weeks ago iirc
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:

I think you might be thinking of The Mix at Ric's. The new Wild Wood opened on Dec 15th and comparing photos on their FB page to photos of Ric's on Google, it looks like the same place. Maybe you should do some Sunday breakfast/brunch investigation for me the next time you're in Whistler wink Thinking about it, we're going to be walking past there every day on our way to the lifts. Think I'd better shift a few more pounds before we get there..... Laughing
snow conditions
Ok very "left field" but last year we did an Evening snowmobile trip up to Crystal Lodge for Soup & hot chocolate. Yes is was not a huge meal but we did not want anything else that night and it was a fun trip with the mountain to ourselves and Crystal hut empty too (normally rammed to the rafters). Maybe not a fine dining experience but a great experience. Careful when you set off though as on the first bend girl in front of us did not manage the steering acceleration combination very well and went off at the first bend down a step bank. All ok just shook up.
snow report
geetee wrote:
stuarth wrote:

I think you might be thinking of The Mix at Ric's. The new Wild Wood opened on Dec 15th and comparing photos on their FB page to photos of Ric's on Google, it looks like the same place. Maybe you should do some Sunday breakfast/brunch investigation for me the next time you're in Whistler wink Thinking about it, we're going to be walking past there every day on our way to the lifts. Think I'd better shift a few more pounds before we get there..... Laughing

Very Happy
You might be right - was the Mix the bit upstairs/outside? That was the bit looking a bit empty... and yes I think I should do a survey of Brunch spots wink
snow report
Yes, that's right, the Mix was upstairs and Ric's main place was downstairs. Good idea on the brunch survey - I look forward to reading your feedback Very Happy
snow conditions
Sorry we're off to be two of those skimooners and cannot wait thanks for all the tips everyone feedback will arrive when we're badk. one week to go! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
+1 many many times to all the above,

Rim rock cafe (even if not creekside) dustys, keg, splits grill, blacks for breakfast.

Have an incredible honeymoon!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy